Gimbal points up

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Well I jumped right in the deep end and bought a Phantom(1.1.1) with Airy gimbal, and FPV set up from Helipal. I am just in the process of getting it all working. When I added tilt function(gimbal works fine without this function) the gimbal goes from pointing up at the bottom of the quad and when I adjust it with tilt adjustment, it moves to forward looking position. I have tried adjusting it in software but with no luck. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this ?
TIA

Kewl Hunter said:
Hi everyone
Well I jumped right in the deep end and bought a Phantom(1.1.1) with Airy gimbal, and FPV set up from Helipal. I am just in the process of getting it all working. When I added tilt function(gimbal works fine without this function) the gimbal goes from pointing up at the bottom of the quad and when I adjust it with tilt adjustment, it moves to forward looking position. I have tried adjusting it in software but with no luck. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this ?
TIA

Airy gimbal?
do you mean the Arris gimbal?

if Arris, you'd have to do at the adjustments in the Arris GUI software to get it to point int he correct position.
I'm not sure what version you're using, but you'd want to turn on "Inc" mode or "Angle" mode.

Kewl Hunter said:
Hi everyone
TIA

Hi,

I have the same gimbal and was able to adjust the tilt angle with the software but it wasn't intuitive. I had to lower the max value from (+1000 to +750) and the mid value to -250. Minimum value still at -1000. My tilt lever on the back of my DJI transmitter doesn't show a big excursion in value when I move from min to max. Don't know if it can be corrected.

Maher

Thanks Maher
that is exactly what I was hoping for. The Helipal video is pretty light on setting it up info on the software, although it's pretty good with wiring an putting it all together. Will have a play with settings and let you know how I went
Cheers

ok finally had a chance to try some settings and ended up with min value at 750 and mid value at -430
thanks for te help Maher

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1