Gimbal pointing slightly to the left when powered on

Agree with you. Frankly I would contact DJI and ask repair but making the point they not swap with refurbished one or similar and you will check this. In this case add some tatoos in shell and camera gimbal or so, take pictures of that as evidences and verify in trust at return. Or convene brand new one but you know can have other problems.

Good luck and all the best.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have similar gimbal pointing to the left issue. I bought mine from BestBuy, exchanged twice, all have the same issues.
On all of them, the gimbal/camera were all perfectly pointing to the center right out of the box, before the firmware update.
After firmware update, the gimbal/camera then started to point to the left about 5 degrees.
So, I am pretty sure this is firmware issue.

I have similar gimbal pointing to the left issue. I bought mine from BestBuy, exchanged twice, all have the same issues.
On all of them, the gimbal/camera were all perfectly pointing to the center right out of the box, before the firmware update.
After firmware update, the gimbal/camera then started to point to the left about 5 degrees.
So, I am pretty sure this is firmware issue.

Thanks, this has at least given me some indication that the actual hardware may not be at fault after all. I did downgrade to a lower firmware version but noticed that the issue remained. I wonder if the factory calibration of IMU/Gimbal differs from those carried out by ourselves? I notice that when calibrating, the gimbal motor is able to freely move much further left or right to what is otherwise permitted.

Perhaps the issue is that the central point is difficult to determine through calibration alone. This is really where DJI should allow manual YAW adjustments for those that are suffering this issue, I guess like the roll adjustment to compensate for tilted horizons.

DJI should implement someting to manually adjust the camera to left and right, not only up and down.

DJI should implement someting to manually adjust the camera to left and right, not only up and down.
Like an Inspire 1? ;)

That functionality wouldn't really be useful on a Phantom unless the landing gear could be raised.

Im not saing to be used to record, but at least to correct this type of issues. I also have horizontal issues and its not accepted for a 1500€ "toy".

Ah. Got it. This issue is normally resolved by adjusting the gimbal properly. So, it seems such a feature would only mask the real problem.

Reactions: spitando
I looked at mine again the other day......when first turned on it appears to be slightly leftward. What I raised the P4 and moved it left to right, or right to left, probably does not matter, it appeared to be aligned correctly. Can anyone else replicate this?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Camera yaw is not user adjustable. Should nicely face forward. Suppose was the case since day one. Please confirm.

Should have been detected at QC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had two different p4 from two different sources that slightly pointed to the right no matter the gimbal, imu recal on the most level surface known to man. More common than you think. I won't go into the tilted horizon which was not fixable. 3 returns before I got a p4 as it should work. straight.

I'm having the same issue with my P4. Had it 3 weeks with no crashes and no hard landings. Anyone find a fix for this?

After some time spent using the drone, I've actually found that this issue hasn't really affected my footage in any way, I think it's more aesthetically annoying than anything.

Seems there are quite a number of people who have encountered this issue though, so certainly not an unusual 'feature' by any means!

Here is the angle of mine
70612b63248a598f31ad90e86ff547f8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have the exact same problem as the rest of you. My camera is pointing very slightly left. Everything else works great. It is a little more than aesthetically annoying, but only in a specific situation. It is a problem when flying a straight line using the screen. Please let us know if you find a simple solution.

I also have the same problem. Pointing slightly left right out of the box after initial setup and firmware updates. Everything else seems fine except the gimbal points to the left. Pretty frustrating. I haven't even put the props on yet. Looks like its either going back or getting sent in for service.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4