Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal pitch reverse direction?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by dmcgrew, May 7, 2015.

1. dmcgrew

Is there a way to make the gimbal pitch up if I pull the gimbal wheel on the remote towards me? IMO it seems backwards and really awkward to do a shot where you throttle up and pan the camera down at the same time. In all my experiences its more natural to pull back on a control to look/go up.

2. xpower180

3. dmcgrew

I guess this is a no :(

4. bbfpv

Nope. Would be pretty simple to program though. Give it a bit for devs to start peeking at the API.

5. Sketch6995

i saw a little slider button that allows the camera to look upwards when activated. does that help?

6. F6Rider

That over rides the 90º lock limit on camera and adds an additional 15º up, good for looking at your props :)

7. Shawn Anderson

I too need this, I have spent 30 years learning that pull back is up and push forward is down, that this vital aspect is not reversible is kind of bewildering.

8. Oso

Oso

He was asking about the gimbal, but if you want to reverse your stick you can. I'm like you. To me, pull back is go up and there is no way for me to change that in my mind or with my reflexes. I inverted my left stick within one hour of unboxing my P3.

9. Shawn Anderson

Actually, I was talking about the gimbal pitch with the dial button forward (operated with your index) it is backwards to me and it messes up almost every shot. I want to push my finger forward to tilt the down, but it does the opposite. Gets me every time.

10. III% Streve

Fixed wing, yes. Helis and all those of that type are, and have always been opposite. You can set the controls to custom, but I dont know if that covers the wheels on the back. Im thinking not. The setting is where you choose Mode 1 or Mode 2