Gimbal pitch doesn't go higher than -20°

Reaction score
After a crash last week everything seems to be fine, except that the gimbal with the GoPro doesn't go further up than about -20° - even though on the remote I have it on the uppermost position. It moves smoothly all the way down (and even 20° more) and up again, but stops at about -20°.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

So the question is: How do I calibrate the gimbal so that it can face straight forward?

I have the exact same problem. Just had my first crash. The only casualty was a clipped propeller and also the mounting bracket that holds the Zenmuse was bent just a tad. I took the whole thing part and bent it back into correct shape. Now the Zenmuse won't point straight ahead. It has about a -20 degree tilt downward when the lever is in the uppermost position. Same thing about pointing down- it goes about 20 degrees too far.

Additional observation: Just had a short test flight this morning and noticed the gimbal seems to be unable to keep a level horizon when I turn the Phantom left or right from the left stick. It eventually straightens out, but does so very slowly. In other words, the camera slowly moves up and down on the X axis as the Phantom turns (kind of like looking at a seesaw).

So I have 2 issues: the 20 degree pitch displacement and the seesaw movement when turning.

This is my first crash. I lost line of sight as the Phantom flew behind some trees. RTH kicked in and it was coming back to me in a straight line. It clipped the top of a tree and fell straight to the ground in some thick woods/bushes. About a 60 foot drop. I guess that really messed the gimbal up big time.

Maybe it needs resetting/recalibration?

Thoughts anyone?

Thank you.

I have the exact same problem as well about 20 degree down starting position down . Still works through the 90 degree ...would be great to find a answer as how to get it back to the correct position .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20