Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal pitch dead

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by vlper, Sep 21, 2016.

1. vlper

Hi there

My gimbal pitch arm seem to have died. Anyone come across this before? i left it on to drain the power i'm wondering if it has overheat. roll and yaw still keeps the camera pointing in the same direction just pitch is completely free moving.

p3p

2. Ted4797

sounds possible. That motor is easy to get. FStop Labs sells them for about $40

3. alokbhargava

Normally when I discharge batteries, I use an external fan to cool phantom. I'm not sure if pitch motor can die if not cooled but kept on. If one is not using an external fan, one can support these motors by external means like stack of papers so that there is no external load on to these motors and the currents in them is thus reduced to minimum.

I still suggest to check the ribbon cables.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

4. vlper

thanks. its interesting when i move the camera up and down i can see the pitch display changing on the dji go app. any ideas if its the board or the motor?

cheers

5. flyNfrank

Unplug the wiring harness in front side of VPS and then plug back in. If no change then it could very well be the flat gimbal cable. If replacing, use only oem parts.