gimbal pitch control port question ???!!

Reaction score
I got ebay gimbal.

Everyone says to plug the wire into the F2 port on the naza controller for pitch control, however when in naza software, when I move the lever on the back of the RC controller, the naza assistant software reports that the lever is actually on F1 port (that slider moves), not F2 port. And the software says that the F2 slider is moving when I flick the GPS/Att/Att switch on the controller.

So what do I do?

Those are X1 and X2 which are the channels in the software, not to be confused with F1 and F2 which are ports on the NAZA (F2 is the port that would be used to output the X1 tilt control channel).

What gimbal are you using?

OI Photography said:
Those are X1 and X2 which are the channels in the software, not to be confused with F1 and F2 which are ports on the NAZA (F2 is the port that would be used to output the X1 tilt control channel).

What gimbal are you using?

cheap ebay gimbal, it's like BGC 2.0 board or something. pins are not marked but I'm assuming the top left pin on the gimbal board is the one I want to hook up to the port on the naza.

So it IS F2 and not F1 port??? Darn, now I'm in trouble since I plugged the wire into the F1 port thinking it was tied to the X1 in the software.
Is there any way to remap it in the software? because now I cant get the shell of the phantom back open because I stripped out 2 of the small screws on the ends of the "wings", the little tiny philips head screws, now they are round, not philips no more.

Correct, the F2 port is the one you need to connect the gimbal control lead to...just make sure you use the right pin(s), one is signal, one is 5v+ and one is ground.

Unfortunately there's no way to re-map the channel assignments/outputs with a NAZA. Stripping those tiny screws at the ends of each arm is common, there's other ways to get them out including using a straight blade driver or drilling/tapping out the screw.

It's also worth noting that the pin assignment on the gimbal are reversed WRT the pins on the Naza i.e. on the gimbal the top pin is signal where as on the Naza it's the bottom pin.

Also you need to remove the centre wire on your servo cable, this is +5Volt and if not removed it may do nasty things.
Also if you are powering the gimbal from your main flight battery, either via the balance port or a solder connection from the main board, you don't need the ground connection so you only need to feed one wire through the shell. If however you are powering the gimbal from a second battery you need to retain the ground wire.

Regards

Nidge

Nidge said:
It's also worth noting that the pin assignment on the gimbal are reversed WRT the pins on the Naza i.e. on the gimbal the top pin is signal where as on the Naza it's the bottom pin.

Also you need to remove the centre wire on your servo cable, this is +5Volt and if not removed it may do nasty things.
Also if you are powering the gimbal from your main flight battery, either via the balance port or a solder connection from the main board, you don't need the ground connection so you only need to feed one wire through the shell. If however you are powering the gimbal from a second battery you need to retain the ground wire.

Regards

Nidge

Thanks yeah I just got one wire hooked up. I actually had the +5v you speak of plugged into the wrong thing on the gimbal board so I'm awaiting a new gimbal board now, mine got fried. It won't turn on now when connected through 12v, only USB power.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20