Gimbal or Go Pro settings ..something is wrong

Reaction score
After my first flight ever today ...with Go Pro on 1080 pixels and 30 fps. Even in 25 knots of wind the quality was stunning.

The issue i have is that i see in the frame large part of the DJI and the rotors.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get a clear ...dji and rotor free image.

Any links, tutorials , videos .... very welcome!

Thanx in advance

Attachments

• gimbal_issue.jpg
    gimbal_issue.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 550
Don't fly in such strong winds and it won't need to lean as much! Tilt the camera down a bit and film in medium FOV.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice,

unfortunately i live in an area where 20 knots or more is the weather condition on dailay bases.

I was seraching for tilting the camera down .... is it done with the " Tilt Lever " on the back on the Control i assume ...i just found it ..

Next step would be plugging in to Phantom Assistant and give it witch settings ?

Which are best settings on the Go Pro 3+?

Looking forward for advice

Thanx

Hacky

Are you in superview or wide mode on the Gopro?
If so try changing the field of view to medium instead.

The two biggest mistakes most pilots make is flying too fast, which makes your Phantom tilt forward and brings your props into view, and not tilting your camera down slightly. By simply flying slow and smooth in combination with a slight downward tilt of the camera you should never have a single piece of your Phantom in view. Also shoot in 1080p Medium and you should be fine.

hackybrazil said:
Thanks for the advice,

unfortunately i live in an area where 20 knots or more is the weather condition on dailay bases.

I was seraching for tilting the camera down .... is it done with the " Tilt Lever " on the back on the Control i assume ...i just found it ..

Next step would be plugging in to Phantom Assistant and give it witch settings ?

Which are best settings on the Go Pro 3+?

Looking forward for advice

Thanx

Hacky
If you have only just 'found' the tilt lever it sounds like you haven't read the manual. Default gains are fine for me. Have you updated the firmware?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Infidel said:
The two biggest mistakes most pilots make is flying too fast, which makes your Phantom tilt forward and brings your props into view, and not tilting your camera down slightly. By simply flying slow and smooth in combination with a slight downward tilt of the camera you should never have a single piece of your Phantom in view. Also shoot in 1080p Medium and you should be fine.
Don't disagree with your suggestions, but there are some trade-offs. If a bright sky is an important part of the shot, aiming down often ends up with the sky largely blown out (just white). Also, if the horizon is out of frame center, fish-eye effect occurs.

The best work-around I've found is to shoot in something oversize (like 2.7k), then crop in post.

Again, I don't disagree with your suggestions, just sharing more options. :)

Thank you for all the advices .....

I have seen all manuals now ...that i had 2 download as they have not been part of the package delivered .....

but most helpfull was a video ...that I also share for fellow pilots that might face same issues.
Please check entire video as most issues mentioned above can be fixed in post production .

Cheers and TY

LINK: http://vimeo.com/97889807

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers