Gimbal operation when flying ...normal or not?

Reaction score
Ok ..not to beat a dead horse but I wanna make sure I just have windy conditions and not a malfunctioning gimble. Take a look at this footage. I am flying at the beach, I'll give you that. But the wind really wasn't that strong. The gimble jerks the camera at times when trying to counteract the Phantoms movements, so much to the point you can see the Phantoms legs randomly. When the Phantom is hovering, the camera will just have random jumps. WIND?

http://vimeo.com/93214701

your thoughts?
Jeff

Hmm. That doesn't look normal to me. I've been flying in some pretty windy conditions over the last few days, and I haven't had any hard jerks like that.

You've got a gimbal issue.
DJI told me to update the firmware.
Then calibrate the R/C (had to open it up to connect to to the internal USB) using the RC Assistant software.
Still have a B/S 4 degree tilt from level... they want me to send it in. I'm thinking 4-6 weeks without my new toy isn't worth it. But with jerks like that from my gimbal, it would be going back.

DRjoe.
What was the easiest way you started your case with DJI? I bought from them and sent in request on their webiste, but still no reply back. Its been 24 hours , though I don't know their normal response time.

Jeff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4