Gimbal on Phantom vision 2 plus not working after tip over.

Reaction score
Hello I am a new owner of a DJI phantom vision 2 plus and new to this forum as well. However, my gimbal has stopped working after a minor tip over compared to a few (in my view) pretty hard crashes into trees. This last crash had happened just as I was starting the props and the quad tipped over on its side and kicked up some snow. I brought it inside, removed the battery immediately and let it dry off for a day. Upon starting it up the following day, instead of the camera coming alive like it usually does it just flopped their flaccid and sad :shock: and starting making grinding sounds every other second. It's hard to describe so I decided to take a video of whats going on.

I'm crossing my fingers that its either something I could fix my self or perhaps a local trusted hobby shop? I hope I don't have to replace the whole gimbal for 600.00. :(

[vimeo]117315985[/vimeo]

Re: Gimbal on Phantom vision 2 plus not working after tip ov

either gimbal cable or main board.
in both cases she is repairable. gimbal cable is $130, main board is $100 so still far from brand new ($600+)

let me know if you need help with it.
where are you located btw?

There are 3 sets of cables cables that come from the phantom down to the gimbal board. Unplug all three and inspect them. Use tweezers and plug them back in firmly.

Mako79 said:
There are 3 sets of cables cables that come from the phantom down to the gimbal board. Unplug all three and inspect them. Use tweezers and plug them back in firmly.

I unplugged all 3 sets of cables and I inspected the clips on the phantom. The smaller of the 3 clips had a piece of plastic broken inside from the socket in the gimble. It seemed to only be the plastic bit that broke off and I was able to remove it. I then inspected the pins on the gimble and non seemed effected. I re inserted all three cables hoping it would work now, however it is acting the same way as in the video once again.

djiflyer84 said:
Mako79 said:

I unplugged all 3 sets of cables and I inspected the clips on the phantom. The smaller of the 3 clips had a piece of plastic broken inside from the socket in the gimble. It seemed to only be the plastic bit that broke off and I was able to remove it. I then inspected the pins on the gimble and non seemed effected. I re inserted all three cables hoping it would work now, however it is acting the same way as in the video once again.

For the clip to break means that you had a previous incident.
And according to the vimeo cliip, the unit is also buzzing meaning that there is a serious error.

Not sure where to go from here..other then the hobby shop.

hunch said:
either gimbal cable or main board.
in both cases she is repairable. gimbal cable is $130, main board is $100 so still far from brand new ($600+)

let me know if you need help with it.
where are you located btw?
Still trying to figure out whats going on with it. :?:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers