Gimbal Off Axis Even After Calibration?

Reaction score
So I shipped my P3P to Maine and back and the gimbal lock had fallen off during the trip up there. I noticed it was off axis and tried an IMU and Gimbal Calibration (on a level surface of course), but I still have the slight cantering in my photos with the horizon. You can even see that it's off when it's powered up and connected sitting on the table.

I tie wrapped the gimbal lock on for the return trip, (which I would recommend everyone do, just keep some tie wraps and a pair of cutters in your kit).

Anyways, I'm going to try it again now that I'm home and have some time, but are there any other suggestions that may help level out my gimbal?

I will update after I calibrate again, and post some photos.

So I shipped my P3P to Maine and back and the gimbal lock had fallen off during the trip up there. I noticed it was off axis and tried an IMU and Gimbal Calibration (on a level surface of course), but I still have the slight cantering in my photos with the horizon. You can even see that it's off when it's powered up and connected sitting on the table.

I tie wrapped the gimbal lock on for the return trip, (which I would recommend everyone do, just keep some tie wraps and a pair of cutters in your kit).

Anyways, I'm going to try it again now that I'm home and have some time, but are there any other suggestions that may help level out my gimbal?

I will update after I calibrate again, and post some photos.
Use the gimbal leveling function in the app-- it works fine.

Use the gimbal leveling function in the app-- it works fine.

The latest firmware adds a useful function to correct the roll of the gimbal directly on the controller without entering the sub menu system in DJI Go. Hold down the C2 button and use the right scroll wheel (the one you use to adjust shutter speed and iso) to make micro adjustments to the roll and level your horizon.

Just remember that this setting is saved on your quad, so you might need to go into the menu and bring it back to zero on your next flight.

Reactions: jryser and bobmyers
The latest firmware adds a useful function to correct the roll of the gimbal directly on the controller without entering the sub menu system in DJI Go. Hold down the C2 button and use the right scroll wheel (the one you use to adjust shutter speed and iso) to make micro adjustments to the roll and level your horizon.

Just remember that this setting is saved on your quad, so you might need to go into the menu and bring it back to zero on your next flight.
How the heck did you find that out? Great tip-- thanks for sharing.:D:D:D:D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31