Gimbal not starting up correctly

Reaction score
Hi!
I had a bit of a crash and now when I start the P4 up, the gimbal doesnt complete its startup with out me giving it a little nudge. It hangs down and to the right and tries to move but cant unless I straighten it out manually. After that it calibrates and works fine. Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: Wandoo
Im at the latest firmware. Restored to factory default and updated everything again. Same problem

I do a gimbal calibration after everything is ready to go and it calibrates just fine. It's when the p4 powers up. The camera just hangs and tries to move back and forth. If I lift up on it a bit it centers and then is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Jason, I'm having the same problem but only occasionally. If I reach under and rotate it up manually, it moves correctly and responds to the controller.

I always use both the gimbal lock and small foam block when transporting but I did forget to remove the small foam block the first few times I powered the Phantom 4 up inside the house.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi, As a new user I have done the same (left the foam and stabilizer on accidentally when working on the set up in the house, twice DOH!) I also had the drone get knocked over on landing by wind but as it went 180 degrees over I thought only the props had got scuffed up.
Now I have the same issue with my camera on start up, if I give it a small nudge it works fine. I thought maybe I'd got some dust in the mechanism on the overturn, I've given it a shot of pressurised air but it's still not right, might try re load firmware?.

Hi, As a new user I have done the same (left the foam and stabilizer on accidentally when working on the set up in the house, twice DOH!) I also had the drone get knocked over on landing by wind but as it went 180 degrees over I thought only the props had got scuffed up.
Now I have the same issue with my camera on start up, if I give it a small nudge it works fine. I thought maybe I'd got some dust in the mechanism on the overturn, I've given it a shot of pressurised air but it's still not right, might try re load firmware?.

What you need to do is, when you look at the camera lense, look to the left. There is a round cover where there is a ribbon cable runs threw. If you fumble is a little bent or. The cover is off, it jams the cable.
The camera tries to move, but like a dog with s short leash, the ribbon cable is James in there. I saw YouTube video about how to remove cover and keep off.
This might help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj