Gimbal not pointing to the center after crash.. And noticed this...

Reaction score

I have tried IMU calibration and Gimbal auto calibration to no avail. It stays pointing to the left and it bothers me. I saw this when I checked the gimbal and saw that the small circle that seems to be cut isn't parallel to the one that holds the gimbal. Is this normal? How do i fix this?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 720
Try checking Dji forums. Here is one that might help: DJI Forum|Tilted horizon
A tilted hoizon is not the same thing as a camera pointing off center. Mine is apparently doing the same thing, without a crash, except the camera must be misaligned, facing right of forward. This evening, while pointing the camera at a distant object that I wanted to fly directly to, by simply keeping that target centered in the FPV frame, instead of flying in a straight line away from me to the target (with the aircraft always visually directly between me and the target), the aircraft was flying some 20° offline, left of straight, with no wind, which meant it was flying sideways left while applying full forward throttle. Sliding it to the right temporarily corrected for the drift in direction, realigning its flight while still in view, but as soon as it was out of view, I am sure the drift continued to the left. Maybe a recalibration of the transmitter sticks is in order? Do they change and drift away from neutral over time, requiring recalibration, or is this the drift bug in 1.4?

Last edited:

I have tried IMU calibration and Gimbal auto calibration to no avail. It stays pointing to the left and it bothers me. I saw this when I checked the gimbal and saw that the small circle that seems to be cut isn't parallel to the one that holds the gimbal. Is this normal? How do i fix this?
Thats a physical issue. You can see the camera is no longer perpendicular. The main arm is twisted about 2 - 5 degrees off.

Thats a physical issue. You can see the camera is no longer perpendicular. The main arm is twisted about 2 - 5 degrees off.

But can I still fix it by loosening the hex screw that holds the gimbal and use a flat screw to hold the "D" and align them? I appreciate for clarifying the problem.

In the thread it addresses this issue. Just have to read all the posts.
Having read all the posts in the thread you cited, they all relate to the tilted horizon issue, rather than a gimbal yaw, with the exception of correcting the DJI misuse of the term gimbal yaw which really only refers to gimbal elevation.
If the camera isn't pointed straight ahead, or the aircraft drifts left while only using forward flight, what's the suggested procedure to fix the problem?

Pull it apart. Use a vice grip and straighten it.
If that doesnt work, look for used camera or purchase the ebay 3d printed version.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20