Gimbal not level

Reaction score
As the title states, my gimbal is not sitting level. I have the P2 and Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal. Is there a way to calibrate or adjust the gimbal? I know there is a Zenmuse H3-2D Assistant Software v1.02 available but I wasn't sure if it is for mine since the GCU is part of the P2.
Thanks in advance.
Blue Skies.

zoochase said:
Fdnyfish said:
Not level left to right?

Or is it pitched up or down?

Level left to right. Pitch works fine. The gimbal itself works fine but it is sitting at a slight angle and it is very noticeable in the video's.

Mine was similar, pointing slightly down with limited range (horizontal to vertical. All you need to do is connect the Phantom to your desktop/laptop, open up the assistant software (v1.08 i think) and re-calibrate the gimbal by resetting the params then giving it a full sweep with the lever on the transmitter.

Cheers
Adrian

phantasm said:
zoochase said:
Fdnyfish said:
Not level left to right?

Or is it pitched up or down?

Level left to right. Pitch works fine. The gimbal itself works fine but it is sitting at a slight angle and it is very noticeable in the video's.

Mine was similar, pointing slightly down with limited range (horizontal to vertical. All you need to do is connect the Phantom to your desktop/laptop, open up the assistant software (v1.08 i think) and re-calibrate the gimbal by resetting the params then giving it a full sweep with the lever on the transmitter.

Cheers
Adrian
I think you are talking about pitch. If you look at the GP from the front, the right side is closer to the ground than the left side. Easiest way to put it. The gimbal is not parallel to the ground, hence "not level".

Re: Gimbal not level SOLVED

Since this is the first hit I get from Google, I thought I would post my solution. The gimbal itself was bent after a crash or two. My symptoms are the same as most.. worked fine for a while then is was listing to one side. Well.... crash. The frame holding the gimbal is quite flexible. it doesn't take much to get it out of whack. Be careful bending it back.

Important: you can bend them all to the same 'shift' to one side. When assembled the arm attached to the frame should be perpendicular to the frame like a T

links to pictures of a bend frame. images were too large on this page:

http://i.imgur.com/Fb5jcxi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i00vslX.jpg

I think some horizon drift is inevitable with the H3-2D. I hope the H3-3D is better. I did find that if your gimbal mount is not perfectly square to the frame of the P2, you will get more horizon drift. You can loosen the screws and adjust it until it is perfectly square. That will reduce occurrences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav