Gimbal Not Functioning Properly

Reaction score
I have installed a new ribbon and after putting everything back together all looks good. Problem is when the gimbal comes on it stays facing slightly to the right and does a little tick and repeats it like it is stuck. When powered down the gimbal moves freely and doesn't have an obstruction in any direction. Updated firmware today and rc. Did cold imu calibration and gimbal calibration.

What might be the issue?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would start with a good IMU and gimbal calibration as you said, then do an Remote calibration of the sticks. Pay special attention to the stick you use for yaw.

I have installed a new ribbon and after putting everything back together all looks good. Problem is when the gimbal comes on it stays facing slightly to the right and does a little tick and repeats it like it is stuck. When powered down the gimbal moves freely and doesn't have an obstruction in any direction. Updated firmware today and rc. Did cold imu calibration and gimbal calibration.

What might be the issue?
To me this looks much more than slightly to the right. If it were me, I would first look to see if the set screw on the yaw arm is not on the flat side of the motor arm as it should be. From your video, it seems that it is not.

To me this looks much more than slightly to the right. If it were me, I would first look to see if the set screw on the yaw arm is not on the flat side of the motor arm as it should be. From your video, it seems that it is not.

Are there any videos or further explanation on how this should be done. I think you are talking about the one screw that is an allen screw (is that the correct one?) what is the ideal placement.

Are there any videos or further explanation on how this should be done. I think you are talking about the one screw that is an allen screw (is that the correct one?) what is the ideal placement.
From what I have read here, it needs to be tightened against the flat side of the yaw motor arm and that is the way both of my Phantoms is set up. Since yours is so far to the right, that seemed to be a likely culprit. At least worth a glance so you know for sure.

I seem to recall seeing a video, but I'd have to search for it. I'm getting ready to head our for church now, so I'll look later unless someone else beats me to it.

Hopefully it's something that easy for you. Cheers!

From what I have read here, it needs to be tightened against the flat side of the yaw motor arm and that is the way both of my Phantoms is set up. Since yours is so far to the right, that seemed to be a likely culprit. At least worth a glance so you know for sure.

I seem to recall seeing a video, but I'd have to search for it. I'm getting ready to head our for church now, so I'll look later unless someone else beats me to it.

Hopefully it's something that easy for you. Cheers!

Thanks Oso! Much appreciated. Until then I will take it back apart and see if I can get it flat on there.

Guys yall diagnosed the problem correctly. I think I need a new screw though because it seems stripped to much to tighten down. Any idea on the size of the allen screw?

Guys yall diagnosed the problem correctly. I think I need a new screw though because it seems stripped to much to tighten down. Any idea on the size of the allen screw?
I recall reading that it's a 1.5 Allen, but I don't know the size of the screw itself. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Got her in the air. Flying good. Still some sort of issue. Gimbal calibrated correctly, horizon looked good. Then after a couple minutes the horizon started to slant and the gimbal motor overloaded and then it was very slanted. Brought her down, did a gimbal calibration and all looked good again. Took it back up. horizon looked good then it had a slight slant, very slight. Seemed to be having a jello effect too. Will try and upload a video later. Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31