Gimbal not facing forward.

Reaction score
How do I get the gimbal to face forward? It started doing this after I started it up and it was making all sorts of grinding noises. ...end result was it never faces forward now. I tried calibrating it 3 times. ..no luck. Installed the new firmware...no change. Anyone have an idea of what the problem may be?

So at the top of yaw arm there's a set screw that's a Allen wrench. It's vibrating because it probably got hit. Loosen it and try to set it straight. Also you can slide it down a bit to make it stop grinding.

Mine was vibrating also... I loosened it and slide the arm down a little bit and tightened again. It never made the grinding noise again.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So at the top of yaw arm there's a set screw that's a Allen wrench. It's vibrating because it probably got hit. Loosen it and try to set it straight. Also you can slide it down a bit to make it stop grinding.

Mine was vibrating also... I loosened it and slide the arm down a little bit and tightened again. It never made the grinding noise again.

If you could, post a picture of this set screw and its location?

Thanks

I don't have a pic. If you look above the arm, you'll see a shaft that the yaw arm slides on to. You'll see a tiny little set screw. Loosen and try to adjust until it is quiet. I had this happen after my gimbal got hit slightly. It would rattle like crazy, and would stop if I touched it. Then would start again of it got touched even slightly. Once I pinned down source I found that the gimbal when it go hit slid up the shaft and was vibrating agains the plastic cover plate above it.

Also if it's not pointing straight you should check to see if the arm is bent?

I had one bent slightly, but it would compensate on its own

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj