Gimbal Mount

Reaction score
My Phantom has only two of the clear plastic gimbal mounts with two spare in a bag, why not install all 4?

You could put the other two on, but it'll probably cause a jello effect in the videos (since it'll be stiffer).

GSSP said:
My Phantom has only two of the clear plastic gimbal mounts with two spare in a bag, why not install all 4?
They don't hold the gimbal on but are insurance in case of a failure of what does hold it on.
Your Phantom has 2 anti-drop pins (not gimbal mounts) because that's all it needs.

Some people believe the anti drop pins can break. So, they loosely attach plastic zip ties in the other two holes.

Attachments

• IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 258
New to the forums and the P2v+. Ok bone head noob move. I too saw that 2 anti drop pins were not in place so installed the other 2 from the maintenance pack........doh ! I believe these are not easily removable so should I leave on or cut the extra 2 off ?

Thanks

Am I going to have lost anything or made video worse but leaving these on ? If not maybe I can cut the bottom off of the plastic pins with wire snips and get rid of the extra 2 that way. Like you said can always buy others if ever needed, but one of those things that when I saw only 2 in there (and didn't search the manual for anti drop) looked like 2 were missing :(

Meta4 said:
Not easy - but can be done if you are careful and patient.
You could cut two off if you want to. It's cheap to buy some more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.