Gimbal Motor Overloaded

Thanks fo
DJI tells me (yes, sent it to California) that it is not warranty covered and that I need two part for the horizontal motion of the gimbal. One of the customer service people I spoke with tells me that if you've had a hard crash (which I had, just not recently) and then later updated the firmware, that is often when gimbal issues develop based on the damage you might have done to the Phantom. Not sure why a new firmware would surface this, but she said she sees this all the time. I may still ask for more explanation from DJI about this being non warranty, but I want the bird back so paid for the repair to get it on its way.
r your quick

Thanks for your reply. My case seems to be different as my P3S did not crashed and we updated the firmware before such first flight where the issue came up. As you said, it looks very strange that the firmware could cause such a retrospective appearence of a mechanical issue unless the new before ysed some functions not used by the older version, strange

DJI tells me (yes, sent it to California) that it is not warranty covered and that I need two part for the horizontal motion of the gimbal. One of the customer service people I spoke with tells me that if you've had a hard crash (which I had, just not recently) and then later updated the firmware, that is often when gimbal issues develop based on the damage you might have done to the Phantom. Not sure why a new firmware would surface this, but she said she sees this all the time. I may still ask for more explanation from DJI about this being non warranty, but I want the bird back so paid for the repair to get it on its way.

What's the latest in regards to your drone? What repairs were done to fix your situation? I am currently experiencing similar issues and have been diagnosing it for a few days off and on. I am motivated to figure it out and fix it myself. I'm sure I have the resources to do so, but I am at a stopping point because I've diagnosed everything up to this point, and may need to start replacing parts to get to the solution.

You will get the same overload message if u start your phantom in deep grass too. Just move it to a area that is has less growth pushing on the camera during startup
Thanks for mentioning this lol I did the same and left my cover on... Took it off. Restarted everything and was in taller grass and was worried I broke it. Then it said it again when I landed in the grass. lol I was like WTH how much is this gonna cost me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie