gimbal motor overload/crazy camera

Reaction score
I recently crashed my phantom 3 standard at about 10'. Noticed gimbal absorber board was cracked, I ordered a new one but in the meantime I used crazy glue to get by. After re assembly, as soon as i power up the aircraft the camera goes crazy and I get a message saying "gimbal motor overload" nothing else appeared damage,, could the cracked absorber board cause problem even though it is repaired?. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just need help. Thanks in advance.

Are the rubber dampers between the top and bottom of the gimbal intact?

There are some videos on yt dealing with gimbal yaw repair. Could be that. The shaft at the very bottom of the gimbal gets off. Its a half moon shaft, and a half moon in the board it fits in. You have to open the back of the camera, a rectangle with a half moon on the bottom. I'd look for those videos. I'm way underqualified to tell you to start takin stuff off...lol

There are some videos on yt dealing with gimbal yaw repair. Could be that. The shaft at the very bottom of the gimbal gets off. Its a half moon shaft, and a half moon in the board it fits in. You have to open the back of the camera, a rectangle with a half moon on the bottom. I'd look for those videos. I'm way underqualified to tell you to start takin stuff off...lol
Thank you, I will refer to the videos and check out what you mentioned. Once again thanks for your time and knowledge

I have the same issue as well. After a hard landing, my camera is erratic at startup and will not respond to RC. I have gimbal overload warning and I also noticed that the lower gimbal motor is hot to the touch. There was no visible damage to P3S or the gimbal. Anybody have any ideas what to look for? My camera still displays a clear image.

Last edited:
Hello, I experienced exactly the same with my Phantom 3 Standard, just after the first landing, a bit hard but not falling down, the gimbal is unable to get aligned and making very strange movements. Then, as not being able to get aligned, it reports the motor overloaded. Anyone knowing what to do? It is quite frustrating, we just started to fly it !

I have the same issue as well. After a hard landing, my camera is erratic at startup and will not respond to RC. I have gimbal overload warning and I also noticed that the lower gimbal motor is hot to the touch. There was no visible damage to P3S or the gimbal. Anybody have any ideas what to look for? My camera still displays a clear image.

I put a new camera and gimbal on it and it is working perfectly. Surely somebody has had this issue as well. I guess I will send it off for repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20