Gimbal Motor Overdrive ???

Reaction score
Hey guys, all of a sudden the other day, I've started getting a "Gimbal Motor Overdrive" warning, and the gimbal base vibrates/shakes a lot.

I've looked online and checked everything I've seen to check- gimbal calibration, IMU calibration, checked the centering of the Roll motor pin in relation to the arm, and everything looks right. All connector wires are seated properly too. And of course, all camera/gimbal locks are removed too....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

While the Phantom is off, are you able to move the gimbal around freely along all three axes?

I would suggest that you check the main set screw that is located on the base shaft of the gimbal. It could be loose or missing.
This would possibly be causing your error as well.

Already checked the set screw too- meant to include that above, but obviously forgot.

Camera control seems ok- rotates up and down fine with wheel, horizon seems to be leaning to the side (like a slight bank) and not centered, and a lot of times, camera seems to be pointed lazily to the left (looking forward from drone- pilots pov)

Again, even though the horizon isn't centered on footage, the "D" pin on roll motor and roll arm are properly centered. Plus, while flying, the base still tends to shake a lot, causing tons of heavy jello

Already checked the set screw too- meant to include that above, but obviously forgot.

Camera control seems ok- rotates up and down fine with wheel, horizon seems to be leaning to the side (like a slight bank) and not centered, and a lot of times, camera seems to be pointed lazily to the left (looking forward from drone- pilots pov)

Again, even though the horizon isn't centered on footage, the "D" pin on roll motor and roll arm are properly centered. Plus, while flying, the base still tends to shake a lot, causing tons of heavy jello

Jello? That points to a possible torn ball mount or unbalanced props or both. Do you get the error constantly during flight?

No, I was merely making the analogy that the shaking from the base was causing jello. There are no ripped balls, unbalanced props etc.

I am a pc/laptop tech and mobile phone/tablet repair tech by profession, so all the basic troubleshooting has been covered with a fine tooth comb. And as I said, I've already searched the GoogleVerse pretty thoroughly and have checked everything I've come across.

I just don't understand why it's doing this now? I haven't crashed, landed hard, or anything

No, I was merely making the analogy that the shaking from the base was causing jello. There are no ripped balls, unbalanced props etc.

No worry's, I was just trying to analyze your issue. You did just join this forum so, we as members are only trying to help.
Maybe a return to DJI or re installing the FW. Good Luck!,, BB.

Have u recently installed a gimbal crash protector?

Actually, yes I have. I just installed one like the one below. Could that be my problem?

4b66ea675e8fd8096e1ffbf3c5aef317.jpg

I'm guessing it's over torqued. Happened to me. Somehow it binds it

That's a good idea, I didn't even think of that as a reason, but now it does make sense, as I installed that pretty much right before I started noticing the issue... Going to take it off and put the original yaw arm back plate back on

I'd leave it just loosen a bit, it does its job well

Ok, I tried that, still didn't work. Plus now, I'm not getting a video feed to my DJI GO

Ok, I tried that, still didn't work. Plus now, I'm not getting a video feed to my DJI GO

Sorry I was hoping that was it. Everything else I can think of you've already done. Hopefully somebody else will chime in

Yeah, I was hoping that would have worked too. Maybe I'll open the shell and check out the guts, make sure everything still looks good in there.

I've noticed it's harder to find replacement parts: wires, gimbal arms and motors, and such for the Standard compared to the Pro and Adv models.

-Opened up the shell - nothing out of sorts or loose connections there.
-Put original yaw arm cover back on, made sure screws weren't too tight,
-inspected all gimbal wires - both grey and ribbon: all seem fine, no breaks or cuts
-opened up gimbal base: everything looks right, ribbon seated properly in connector

And still, getting gimbal motor overload, AND no video feed to app: "No Image Transmission Signal"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4