Gimbal loses power

Reaction score
crashed my P3P this morning indoors and now can't get any video feed from camera and gimbal loses power after start up, any tips or tricks or am i up for a new camera gimbal :(?

when i power on my P3 the camera moves and calibrates itself and get all movements with controller from it but after about 20 seconds of being on the gimbal just goes all limp as in freely moves as if it were turned off

crashed my P3P this morning indoors and now can't get any video feed from camera and gimbal loses power after start up, any tips or tricks or am i up for a new camera gimbal :(?

when i power on my P3 the camera moves and calibrates itself and get all movements with controller from it but after about 20 seconds of being on the gimbal just goes all limp as in freely moves as if it were turned off
Check all the wires in the ribbon cable plugging into the top of the gimbal mount from the P3 , they come out of the plug very easily and a couple of those may be out.

Check all the wires in the ribbon cable plugging into the top of the gimbal mount from the P3 , they come out of the plug very easily and a couple of those may be out.
all plugs seem to be in place, seems funny how it has power one on start up and then dies slightly after

all plugs seem to be in place, seems funny how it has power one on start up and then dies slightly after
Probably going to have to send it in to a repair facility-- if you aren't familiar with the internals and possible repairs. Maybe someone else will come along with some help here.

Just found a tiny nick on the ribbon cable from the camera gimble, ordered a new one hopefully that gets me out of trouble

Just found a tiny nick on the ribbon cable from the camera gimble, ordered a new one hopefully that gets me out of trouble
Yes, those things are extremely delicate.

I need help. Was flying last night 17 mins on one battery, took off same location on 2nd battery and all of a sudden the screen on my ipad mini2 goes blank and red no signal lights up. I hit RTH instinctively and the bird started back. I took control when it got close with no problem but still no video feed(all else ok.) I took it home and tried to get the video working but all I get is a limp camera after initial power up. The camera does its dance, makes its two beeps and then falls limp. No crashes, no jarring landings, I did notice seconds before I lost video that the feed seemed to lose quality, lots of noise. I have checked external bands and connections, all look ok. Any ideas guys?

I need help. .. all I get is a limp camera after initial power up. The camera does its dance, makes its two beeps and then falls limp. . Any ideas guys?
First try using a different SD card.
I've had the Phantom show those symptoms and it was due to it developing a dislike for the SD card.

First try using a different SD card.
I've had the Phantom show those symptoms and it was due to it developing a dislike for the SD card.
Just tried that Meta, no good, one other thing, the battery doesn't power down right away like it used to, the red light blinks for several seconds after the grn stop flashing (both batteries do this)

I had some similar problems with a bad battery. You could charge your spare and see if that's it. Hope it's that simple.

Sorry. Just saw where both batteries are doing it. Is your bird needing an update ?

Hello friend, I have the same problem. You solve the problem? as resolved? Thank you

Mine had a small chunk missing from the cable from the crash replaced that and it was sweet, the same problem has happened to me before if my batteries are fully/freshly charged

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31