Gimbal lock question.

Reaction score
Do I HAVE to put the gimbal lock on, every time I'm done flying? Other than keeping the camera from flopping all around during transport, does it do anything else? Is not having it held straight while it's powered off an issue?

Reason I ask is because right now, the bird just sits on a shelf above my computer. Nobody is going to touch it or move it. I have no dogs, cats, rats, bats or children that are going to knock anything down.

Mine hasn't been on in 3-4 months. I just toss it in the back seat of the car and lay a seat belt over the back arms so it doesn't fall off the seat. I have a Pelican type hard case too, but it's too much bother as well.

You really only need it for transport....definitely not needed for sitting on a shelf!

Last edited:
I used mine religiously for the first month, but after driving 5 miles, it had always come off by itself.
My P3S arrived in the box with it loose also.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I transport mine in a case, so I do use it every time since the case gets held at different angles. But I do use a aftermarket one that's easy to get on and off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31