Gimbal Lock Guard Danger

Reaction score
So, I my biggest usability complaint is the plastic guard that secures the camera. I am assuming that it is BAD to power on the phantom with the guard on, as the motor activates and is stressed by the restricted movement.

So, this being the case, I scream when I put my hand on the power button and hear those three tones while I remember that I did not remove it.

So, here is my question:

How bad is it when you power on with the lock in place? And, if it is bad, how come it is clear plastic that is snuggled hidden under the copter?

My first solution was to put red tape on the guard.

But I wish I had some sort of guard preventing me from powering it on without reminding me to ensure I've removed it.

Maybe I will invent one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 11.10.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-01 at 11.10.12 AM.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 569
Maybe a simple solution is best? What about printing a label that you stick on the battery that says "REMOVE GUARD!" or something like that?

I do the same thing all the time and I know that sinking feeling when you hear the motors trying to move the camera.

I just put a streamer of red electrical tape coming off the bottom of the guard and also a piece of red electrical tape below the battery LED lights as a reminder. Haven't forgotten to remove the gimbal lock since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers