GIMBAL LEVELING ADJUSTMENT--FOUND SWITCH

Reaction score
I recently installed a two axis gimbal on my FC40 and found a tiny switch on the control board. Tapping this switch allows for the gimbal to be re leveled to a new "zero" position. I found the gimbal to be level "out of the box" but was curious of the function of this switch. I found that pressing it would switch the gimbal off allowing it to be re leveled before power comes back on in a few seconds and then it holds that position as the new level.
I'm wondering if this switch is present on all of the "Ebay" or "goodluckbuy" type gimbals? If so, that might address the problem folks are having with out-of-level gimbals. This is the particular gimbal I installed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121304825863?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
I can post a picture of the switch if anyone is interested.
EDIT: The switch is on the underside of the board at the front near the left corner as facing the front of the Phantom. It is orange in color and very small.

One issue I'm having, however, is calibration of the 7th channel with it's lever on the back of the transmitter. The gimbal pitch rotates 90 degrees using only half of the lever travel in spite of doing the X1 calibration In the Assistant. I can use it that way but would rather have full travel of the lever for 90 degrees camera pitch change so would be more sensitive. Anyone have any ideas--I've tried everything I can think of.

I'm very interested in the picture you said you would be willing to post of the gimbal leveling switch. I've never opened my Phantom Vision+ body, but would like to know what to look for if the occasion ever arises.

Thanks,
Bill

bizrank said:
I'm very interested in the picture you said you would be willing to post of the gimbal leveling switch. I've never opened my Phantom Vision+ body, but would like to know what to look for if the occasion ever arises.

Thanks,
Bill

I think he's referring to the inexpensive aftermarket Chinese gimbals on ebay etc.
- intended for GoPros.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik