Gimbal keeps moving left right left right

Most of mine just go to the right. I swapped sensors around in a confusing manor and got 2 to center. These thing are awful to get right. I like the design. However the P3 cameras are easier to fix. Maybe because there are lots of parts other than the main board. The P4 has a pretty good main board but the sensors are impossible to find. I have worked on about 10 of the P4's and have never had a bad main board assembly. It is almost always a Yaw problem. usually goes to the right when facing the camera

Still trying to find a yaw motor and esc/motor controll boards. Having hard time finding them.

Gimbal now shows as overloaded in the status menu in Go app

I made a video and posted it on YouTube showing the non stop yaw movement left to right.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hello
I have the same problem with my p4p, I just change the yaw arm and the flat cable, the start moving right and left.
Did you solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.

Hello
I have the same problem with my p4p, I just change the yaw arm and the flat cable, the start moving right and left.
Did you solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.
Yes. The yaw sensor is calibrated to the yaw motor at the factory. There are magnets in the yaw motor casing. You have to use the old casing with the new motor. I posted a video on why and how to. Let me know if you can't find it

hello,
first thank you for replying.
in my drone I just change the yaw arm only, i didn't change the yaw motor. first time after changing the yaw arm and the flat cable, the camera start moving right left all time, and after multiple calibration and testing, i don't know why the camera stop moving right left and stay at right.
thankyou

I think you have damaged sensors in the yaw motor. In a crash the casing of the yaw motor slams up against the sensors. The prolem with changing just the yaw motor is that the magnets in the yaw motor are not all placed the same. You need the casing off the old motor and the windings and sensor part of the new motor. That is what the video is all about.

Reactions: kenmid12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20