Gimbal Issues

Reaction score
I am having problems with my gimbal at times, and at other times it works fine. It was perfectly fine until I updated to the latest firmware, I I'm thinking it may be related to that. I have a link to a short video of the problem, and hope someone knows how to correct this, Thank you in advance!

If you think it's the firmware trouble shoot it by downgrading and test it. Was a gimbal calibration completed successfully? FPV mode off?

Looks like I am going to have to try downgrading, to see if that helps, hate doing it though! Yes, it's in follow mode, doesn't do it all the time, but when it does, the video is useless

I am having problems with my gimbal at times, and at other times it works fine. It was perfectly fine until I updated to the latest firmware, I I'm thinking it may be related to that. I have a link to a short video of the problem, and hope someone knows how to correct this, Thank you in advance!

Do a complete cold IMU calibration, and then a gimbal calibration

Do a complete cold IMU calibration, and then a gimbal calibration
Yes, cold IMU, level surface, gimbal calibration, all is good, sometimes it works as it should, other times it does whats in the video. I just came in from flying it, and absolutely no issues on this flight, whatever it is, it is intermittent

Yes, cold IMU, level surface, gimbal calibration, all is good, sometimes it works as it should, other times it does whats in the video. I just came in from flying it, and absolutely no issues on this flight, whatever it is, it is intermittent
Can you duplicate the problem on the bench when the Phantom is sitting still?

Just turned it on on my desk, and no issues, but didn't start the motors, but did an earlier flight, with no issues either, so not sure what that means.

be sure it's on follow mode !!!

Just turned it on on my desk, and no issues, but didn't start the motors, but did an earlier flight, with no issues either, so not sure what that means.
Take the props off, start the motors and give left and right stick commands and see what that does. Do it for 5 minutes or so to make sure everything gets up to temperature.

Take the props off, start the motors and give left and right stick commands and see what that does. Do it for 5 minutes or so to make sure everything gets up to temperature.

Works like it should, but it did earlier this morning while flying, but the next time it may do whats in the video....very frustrating!

Works like it should, but it did earlier this morning while flying, but the next time it may do whats in the video....very frustrating!
If it keeps up-- may be a DJI warranty repair item--o_O sorry couldn't be of help.

I have the same problem... I have landed and restarted bird and RC and gone up in the air and it worked fine... try it... let us know was helpful...

I just noticed it with mine today too. About a 5 degree roll to the gimbal. I did a IMU calibration fallowed by a compass cal and then a gimbal cal. Still had the slight roll. I finally manually adjusted the roll on the app to compensate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub