Gimbal issues

Reaction score
My camera is not level at all. It will look good and when I get in the sky, the horizon goes up and down the the gimbal is not level. I have recalibrated it 3X. The only thing I can think of is I did an IMU RECAL "maybe" before this happened. Maybe a stupid Question but are they related?? Could it be that I recalibrated the IMU un-level and now it's messing up the camera? I'm sick of playing with the gain every time I turn 25-30 Deg. Thanks ahead of time!

In the app menu....Adjust Gimbal Roll

I've noticed mine seems to be level based on the direction its facing. Yesterday I set the gimbal to level while the P3 was facing North. I noticed while watching the video afterwards that while it was pointed north or south it was level, as I turned either east or west it would go out of whack. Anyone else notice this? I've heard that the compass cal can really effect the gimbal's actions. My next step is to go to a place I know will be good for a compass cal and then see if it changes.

I have also done the IMU cal on a dead nuts level surface with the same results.

I've noticed mine seems to be level based on the direction its facing. Yesterday I set the gimbal to level while the P3 was facing North. I noticed while watching the video afterwards that while it was pointed north or south it was level, as I turned either east or west it would go out of whack. Anyone else notice this? I've heard that the compass cal can really effect the gimbal's actions. My next step is to go to a place I know will be good for a compass cal and then see if it changes.

I have also done the IMU cal on a dead nuts level surface with the same results.
I have this exact same situation. It's very difficult to edit video later because if I level out the horizon in one part of the video, it tilts another part that was already level. The tilted horizon has been by far the most disappointing part of my P3 experience which has otherwise been amazing.

I even noticed something strange yesterday when I was doing yet ANOTHER IMU/Gimbal calibration. The P3 was sitting on a dead level surface with the FPV image dead level on the screen following IMU/Gimbal calibration. I even have the grid lines on and the camera pointing to an actual level. I do nothing other than switch between screens in the pilot app or even just take a still photo and the gimbal tilts to be not level. I run the gimbal calibration again to get it level which always works. Then I switch screens in the app, the gimbal tilts. All while just sitting on a level surface. Granted it only tilts 2-3 degrees, but to an overly OCD person that is enormous. Especially since it should not be happening at all.

I continue to do the IMU/Gimbal calibration over and over. Each time I think to myself about the definition of insanity, yet I just keep doing it. It's the same way I just keep refreshing my inbox hoping that in the few minutes since I last checked my extra batteries have shipped.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4