Reaction score
This is for the DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Whenever I turn the drone on the gimbal does its usual rotation but then it is at an angle when it is done. They angle slowly gets greater until it corrects itself a few seconds later. I am posting a video of what it does. Is this normal or should I be worried. I was also having issues with the camera becoming completely tilted to the side while I was flying for a minute then correct itself. Is there any way to fix all of these problems. I also noticed that one of the stoppers for the gimbal does not have a plastic piece on the bottom while the other one does. Could that be the problem? Thank you everyone in advance.
Link for Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/OrHOq
Link for Video of gimbal issue:

Have you tried calibrating you gimbal in the app ?
If you got this new you should have extra locks you speak of but that missing would not
cause you that .

Have you tried calibrating you gimbal in the app ?
If you got this new you should have extra locks you speak of but that missing would not
cause you that .
I have calibrated the gimbal in the app a couple of times with no effect.

OK ,well I'm not sure what to tell you. Mine is not like that at all .
Maybe someone else will chime in on this .
Sorry I don't have a answer .

Whenever I turn the drone on the gimbal does its usual rotation but then it is at an angle when it is done. They angle slowly gets greater until it corrects itself a few seconds later.
Try doing an IMU calibration too. If that doesn't fix it, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Some of my Phantoms do this sometimes too.

I also noticed that one of the stoppers for the gimbal does not have a plastic piece on the bottom while the other one does. Could that be the problem?
No. It's normal to only have two pins installed (diagonally).

Last edited:
That start up does not look normal at all and the tilting while he is flying isn't right ether msinger .
I only have 2 P3's but nether do that .
Yes it is normal to have the 2 pins but without the bottom part it's not even no need to have the pin in there .
That's like using zip ties and not zipping them .

the tilting while he is flying isn't right ether msinger
No, sir. That's why I'm recommending he try doing an IMU calibration.

No, sir. That's why I'm recommending he try doing an IMU calibration.
Well I hope that's the issue . I haven't never seen that tilting when flying brought up before .

Reactions: J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20