Reaction score
I am having issue with my gimbal staying level. I am wondering if anyone else has the problem and if they found any fixes.

The gimbal seams to constantly change its tilt to the horizon especially after tilting the gimbal. I can yaw the drone around and the level changes as it goes around.

I have calibrated the IMU and Gimbal multiple times and it is still there. This is also the second Phantom 4 with the problem as I exchange the first one for this same problem.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

I had this issue after a crash. If you go to gimbal tilt settings on dji go app. You can adjust it there. Make sure your on a level work top. Once your happy with it power down and resatrt. It should be still in the same position. I use litchi and the settings are saved in there also

I think all the P4 gimbals tilt to some degree. I struggled with mine for a while and seem to have gotten a handle on it.

I did countless IMU calibrations with no real success. Then one day I did a 'cold' IMU calibration followed immediately by a Gimbal calibration. I did it on a perfectly level surface. When I say cold, I put the craft in my refrigerator with no battery in place and left it there for 1/2 an hour, then did the calibration as soon as I took it out.

This improved the horizon tilt considerably. It's not perfect, but about 60% of the time it's straight, and when I do get some tilt, it's not enough to be distracting.

This probably won't work for everyone. (Despite coming off the same mass production line, many of these DJI drones seem to have their own individual personalities). I hope it works for you.

I am having issue with my gimbal staying level. I am wondering if anyone else has the problem and if they found any fixes.

The gimbal seams to constantly change its tilt to the horizon especially after tilting the gimbal. I can yaw the drone around and the level changes as it goes around.

I have calibrated the IMU and Gimbal multiple times and it is still there. This is also the second Phantom 4 with the problem as I exchange the first one for this same problem.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Anybody had this problem
While flying a Litchi mission between two of the WP which are both set to the same altitude and POI the gimble dropped from -1 to -90 as the bird passed behind a small building then back up to -1 upon arriving at the next WP.

Should the gimbal not have remained at -1 when the signal was lost until receiving a new input?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav