Gimbal Issue?

Reaction score
I sent my P4 back to DJI because when yawing the gimbal (and horizon) would roll (like in my clip)..

So after 3 weeks waiting DJI sent me a new replacement craft. I upgraded it the latest firmware and have done all of the calibrations but I can't believe it ....... this new one is doing the exact same thing - the gimbal rolls around when yawing.......

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I sent my P4 back to DJI because when yawing the gimbal (and horizon) would roll (like in my clip)..

So after 3 weeks waiting DJI sent me a new replacement craft. I upgraded it the latest firmware and have done all of the calibrations but I can't believe it ....... this new one is doing the exact same thing - the gimbal rolls around when yawing.......

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I use to have that problem I replaced it with a new bird.

I sent mine back for a lens problem. The phantom 4 was replaced and the new one has the same issue as you have.

Well maybe it'll be third time lucky..... the second one is on its way back to DJI - boy are these gimbals tricky to get right... anyone would think DJI make these for a living...

I will add this. On my second one, I went through a couple (had ZERO problems with my first P4) but my second as some remember was a mofo. I have never ONCE had to do a gimbal calib on EITHER of my well working P4s. I remember I was so frustrated, I wanted to stop flying for fun but it seems like ages ago and now my birds are flying like eagles. Eagles that fly perfectly steady and with a camera attached to them. ;)

After some crush the gimbal is turn left when starting up. How to calibrate gimbal pan on phantom 4 to look straight forward

Because of the problems I've been having with the gimbal on two P4's, the company I bought my P4 from (CVP Ltd a UK DJI distributor) have agreed to supply me with a brand new boxed retail unit - and if that has issues of any kind they'll give me a complete refund!
Fair enough...

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
Mine does the exact same thing! Didn do this when i first bought it but started about 2 months later.

Would be very interested if someone finds a solution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic