Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal Issue

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by WDW1014, Apr 15, 2016.

1. WDW1014

So I just got the P3S and so far its been great until yesterday ! Went to the beach flew no problem over water and such and when I came home to fly some more this is what happens when I turn the phantom on .....

And Yes everything is up to date , firmware, both calibrations and even the small green hex screw is all tight, took it a step further and took off the back plate and the rod is still aligned perfectly. Now the gimbal is very hot to the touch and it has a clicking sound along with alil shake every couple of seconds. Any ideas what to do now? Could It be the gimbal motor is just flawed?

2. Jack Mackinnon

Looks like your shell is dented. Any crashes on the bird? Maybe something came loose due to vibrations in flight and toasted your gimbal. Try to do a gimbal calibration.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

3. WDW1014

na nothing no crashes, did the gimbal calibration numerous times , crazy annoying

4. Jason Porembski

Can you re-center the gimbal by hand?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mr. Pina Colada likes this.
  5. Mr. Pina Colada

Take a can of compressed air and blow out the motors. You may have a piece of sand stuck in one.

Jason Porembski likes this.
  6. WDW1014

yea I did all that too but who knows, I contacted dji so now I wait. So today I bought a new camera from nyc installed it no issue , but now the rc remote says connected and the copter its self wont connect to the app so I'm grounded any ideas what to do ?

7. Mr. Pina Colada

What colors are the LED's on the phantom? What color LED is on the gimbal itself? Does the phantom go through a gimbal calibration when you turn it on?