Gimbal issue - snapping back after panning

Reaction score
Hello Phantom pilots! I am new here (excited to be able to ask questions) and have been flying the P4P for about 2-3 weeks now. Got the shutter series ND filters in the mail today, will use 'em tomorrow and report back. So, here is something I'm curious about.

With a slight S curve set on yaw expo, no changes to sensitivity ...the yaw endpoint is changed to 105, the yaw will go the direction I tell it to, then as I stop the pan/yaw motion, the gimbal or the aircraft snaps it back the other direction ever so slightly and sometimes quite severely. This is without any input in the direction that it snaps back toward. This is kinda ruining some of my panning shots.
I also noticed it will do this if I set the controller settings back to default, then alter the yaw sensitivity only (to a less sensitive degree).

The yaw endpoint being lowered really did help with a smoother pan, just a bummer to see the gimbal start snapping back on some of the pans I did.

Anyone here have any experience with yaw settings causing a "snap-back"?

Thanks guys,

Andrew

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

With a P4 there is a camera synchronous follow setting in GO that slightly moves the gimbal in the direction of yaw, I disabled mine and find that panning is smoother for me.

Is this the issue you were experiencing??
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Find anything out? I have a P3S and it does the same thing. Armando89 if his problem is the same as mine then your video is not what he is talking about.

I have my cross hair on so I know center. I'll yaw to the right and stop my crosshair on the point I want center and let go of the stick but then it will slightly yaw back left then stop.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Armando89 that glitch I see from your shot is a different issue andmuch more severe than what I am talking about. I suppose I should be thankful I am not experiencing that huge gimbal flop. In fact I've never had my P4P ever show the flop from Armandos video.
Sevyn13 your issue sounds much like my issue. I did disable the synchronous gimbal setting for my last day of flying and I feel like it helped with the panning error I am seeing, however the issue did come up here and there. I believe it goes away when I revert to default controller settings. I'll need to keep trying to suss it out. I may call DJI this week to ask them about it. I'll try to post a video sample of my issue.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31