Gimbal, Is this normal on start up?

Why is it that the concensus is this is normal? It is not! I have now had 2 of these turds and that is not a normal calibration of the gimbal. It is putting stress and wear on the servos!
Please stop accepting this defect as normal!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

AmosMoses said:
Why is it that the concensus is this is normal? It is not! I have now had 2 of these turds and that is not a normal calibration of the gimbal. It is putting stress and wear on the servos!

Nobody is saying that this is good in anyway, however this is how the camera behaves with the current firmware and not anything specific to the op's phantom.

Anything else?

That's what I thought , it was putting stress on the gimbal at start up and may shorten the life prematurely. My other gimbals don't do this. So does this happen to everyone?

cougar said:
AmosMoses said:

Nobody is saying that this is good in anyway, however this is how the camera behaves with the current firmware and not anything specific to the op's phantom.

Anything else?

Not sure where in my post I suggested someone said it was good. Maybe you just misread?
My point is it's unacceptable and it's not specific to the current firmware. It's a result of poorly coded software. I have tried the last 3 firmware updates with the same results.

Anything else?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying it's ok, or good, or bad, or destructive, or ok, or fine, or normal.....

But I think everyone's V+ gimbal pretty much does that exact same thing when powered up. Mine continues to work just fine, as does the rest of my V+ (not braggin', just sayin')

d86

AmosMoses said:
cougar said:
AmosMoses said:

Anything else?

Not sure where in my post I suggested someone said it was good. Maybe you just misread?
My point is it's unacceptable and it's not specific to the current firmware. It's a result of poorly coded software. I have tried the last 3 firmware updates with the same results.

Anything else?

In my answer to OP I assumed he was asking if there where anything wrong with his gimbal in relation to everyone else's gimbal.

Maybe you meant to say " yes this is how the gimbal behaves, but DJI should smooth out the behaviour in order to not put undue stress on the gimbal"

Maybe you misread?

Nope. I said exactly what I wanted to say. It's an unacceptable defect with the P2V +. And for us to say "everyone else's does it, it's no big deal" is wrong. I'm sending my second one back so dji might take notice that customers won't tolerate lousy products.
Just coming to a forum and complaining (not directed at the op or anyone that has posted here) doesn't effect dji's bottom line. Giving back their junk does. Maybe then they'll listen.
That's my point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl