Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Gimbal Installation Help

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by Jambuster1, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Jambuster1

Hello,

I am a relativaly new phantom flying and I have brougt the Phantom V1.1.1 with the Naza-M V2. I want to buy this gimbal just as a cheap option for stability: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gopro-Hero3-B ... 3a8fa45505

I also am a novice in the world of electronisand soldering and so the main question is: would it be safe/ok to use the aux power from the phantom if I added a connector to it?

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks
    Jamie

2. 750r

Some do use it to power the gimbal I use it to power my FPV & ran a power off the battery where it's soldered to the board for the gimbal .

3. Jambuster1

Thank you for your reply, I've seen and read stories of the aux power catching fire or melting, so would it be ok for this gimbal or would it be best to use the balance lead?

4. CityZen

Yes, the aux power lead is fine. It is attached to the main board where the battery connects. It's unfused, so if you short it out, you can expect melting and/or fire.

5. PhantomFanatic

I fuse my take offs.

6. Jambuster1

Ok, thank you all for your help, I'll just add a reset able fuse between the gimbal and phantom board to be on the safe side. Thanks again :)