Gimbal Installation Help

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a relativaly new phantom flying and I have brougt the Phantom V1.1.1 with the Naza-M V2. I want to buy this gimbal just as a cheap option for stability: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gopro-Hero3-B ... 3a8fa45505

I also am a novice in the world of electronisand soldering and so the main question is: would it be safe/ok to use the aux power from the phantom if I added a connector to it?

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks
Jamie

Some do use it to power the gimbal I use it to power my FPV & ran a power off the battery where it's soldered to the board for the gimbal .

Thank you for your reply, I've seen and read stories of the aux power catching fire or melting, so would it be ok for this gimbal or would it be best to use the balance lead?

Yes, the aux power lead is fine. It is attached to the main board where the battery connects. It's unfused, so if you short it out, you can expect melting and/or fire.

Ok, thank you all for your help, I'll just add a reset able fuse between the gimbal and phantom board to be on the safe side. Thanks again :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl