Gimbal in down position on startup every time

ddublu said:
what would cause this? v2 P2 and on start up the GoPro is pointing straight down.

If you have done the recent firmware updates the gimabl control has been reversed from what it used to be.
Go into the software assistant to see,mine had updated and showed "REV" instead of "NOM" I just clicked it back to NOM and all was fine again.

smallman28 said:
ddublu said:
what would cause this? v2 P2 and on start up the GoPro is pointing straight down.

If you have done the recent firmware updates the gimabl control has been reversed from what it used to be.
Go into the software assistant to see,mine had updated and showed "REV" instead of "NOM" I just clicked it back to NOM and all was fine again.

For the controller or the bird?

I updated both the controller and Phantom firmware and don't really know which one did it.
I think it was in the Phantom software assistant I changed it back around in though.

smallman28 said:
I updated both the controller and Phantom firmware and don't really know which one did it.
I think it was in the Phantom software assistant I changed it back around in though.

Nope...that didnt change it and actually REV works better for me as I like moving the dial on the controller to the left and the gopro tilting up...Just can't figure out why it would power up and default to face down each time.

ddublu said:
smallman28 said:

Nope...that didnt change it and actually REV works better for me as I like moving the dial on the controller to the left and the gopro tilting up...Just can't figure out why it would power up and default to face down each time.
In Phantom assistant,did you play around with Horizontal and Vertical limit settings.

arizeda said:
ddublu said:
smallman28 said:

In Phantom assistant,did you play around with Horizontal and Vertical limit settings.

Yes.

ddublu said:
arizeda said:
ddublu said:
smallman28 said:

Yes.

You're using the stock Phantom Tx? In Phantom assistant, is the X1 acting normal? The value moves all the way from the left to right when you move the gimbal tilt lever at the back of the Tx?

Maybe a gimbal reset is required:

ddublu said:
stock transmitter, updated model...v2. x1 acting completely normal.

Ok I also have the new v2 model. Will be getting a GoPro soon so I can test my gimbal and will let you know.

I too am having the same problem. Bought it from Helipal and they told me it is a software problem. Also contacted DJI and they don't seemed convinced that there is a problem and suggested that I send in the whole unit (phantom2 v2 with gimbal) to them at my cost. I don't think it is fair that I should be out more money for something that is wrong with their product.
I also did all the reinstalling of gimbal, radio, phantom. Still not working right.

Ranthm said:
I too am having the same problem. Bought it from Helipal and they told me it is a software problem. Also contacted DJI and they don't seemed convinced that there is a problem and suggested that I send in the whole unit (phantom2 v2 with gimbal) to them at my cost. I don't think it is fair that I should be out more money for something that is wrong with their product.
I also did all the reinstalling of gimbal, radio, phantom. Still not working right.

I called their (DJI) LA office support number today and reached UAVDirect. Had no idea they were support for DJI. They actually handle warranty issues for them as well. Hadn't seen this before and said they may replace it if they can't find resolution. Was shocked someone answered the phone and then carried on a very responsive email conversation afterwards. We shall see.

Decided to give the factory reset a try this morning. It did the reset, then found a firmware update. I updated, powered off and back on and nothing at all. Now it doesnt move at all. UAV Direct said they will cover it under warranty. I picked up a new one today and they are going to refund me for it once I ship the defective one back. Better service than I expected to receive.

ddublu said:
Decided to give the factory reset a try this morning. It did the reset, then found a firmware update. I updated, powered off and back on and nothing at all. Now it doesnt move at all. UAV Direct said they will cover it under warranty. I picked up a new one today and they are going to refund me for it once I ship the defective one back. Better service than I expected to receive.

**** really.. What colour is the gimbal light?

Maybe try it again - reset it, keep it powered on, reload firmware, and then power it on and off and try again.

arizeda said:
ddublu said:

Maybe try it again - reset it, keep it powered on, reload firmware, and then power it on and off and try again.

Starts up green, changes to orange during the short and then to red. Kept it on, reloaded firmware about 8 times now in order above. No change.

ddublu said:
arizeda said:
ddublu said:

Starts up green, changes to orange during the short and then to red. Kept it on, reloaded firmware about 8 times now in order above. No change.

****... What assistant software version are you using? Mac or PC? And you're flashing the "H3-3D IMU" right?

ddublu said:
3.6 on a Mac. Flashing H3-3D IMU.

just an idea, but try an older version of the assistant, or a windows machine/virtual machine if you have access to one.

ddublu said:
arizeda said:
ddublu said:
3.6 on a Mac. Flashing H3-3D IMU.

just an idea, but try an older version of the assistant, or a windows machine/virtual machine if you have access to one.

Too late. Removed and boxed up awaiting arrival for new one. Sorry.

Don't apologise to me, I was just trying to help. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20