GIMBAL HELP

Reaction score
Good Morning / Good Afternoon

So I recently installed the CNC GIMBAL to my Phantom 1. I have followed all the instruction on the install. I also have installed a pitch switch to the back of my remote. I went onto the Nazda software and Calibrated both the Pitch and checked box for Gimbal. Now here is where I am having issue. My gimbal slightly vibrates...... not sure why and my Pitch switch will not activate on my Gimbal. I had four wires that came with this Gimbal I installed the Red & Black to the Red & Gray, The extra power wires that Gimbal had left inside the Copter. I ran the Yellow to the F1 and the Green also.

My Gimbal will power up and stay straight without an issue, but like i said Vibrate and No Pitch Control. I have looked for tons of video and cannot seem to figure this issue out or even if I messed up on the wiring.

These are the instruction I followed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iT2WRpTMa8

Friends any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Also if I posted this in the wrong area please accept my apologies and place it in the appropriate area.

Thank You

Currently this is the gimbal i have installed :

Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal Kit + Motor Controller DJI GOPRO HD Hero 2 3 3+

Bought here:Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal Kit Motor Controller DJI GoPro HD Hero 2 3 3 | eBay

Edit Post Reply With Quote

You only may connect 1 from the pitch control to the naza controller.
Look out, you have to connect the right one, otherwise you destroy your gimbal.

You may not connect the power lines from the NAZA controller to your gimbal.. never do that !!!

You connect your gimbal with only 3 wires.. black and red vor your power supply and 1 wire for your pitch control.
What controller do you have on your gimbal ? sometimes you need to configure it with a little program like simplebgc.

I am new to all this. But i followed the exact instruction as listed on that yourtube video. using the geeen and yellow wire from the dji to the gimbal. when the gimbal powers up it moves and get corrected. the issue i am having is my switch on my controller it won't move the gimbal. i did do the calibration on the pitch swtich and i could see it move back and forth on the screen when calibratiing it. but im alittle lost

Are you sure you connected the right pin from your NAZA (dji) to the right pin of your gimbal (pitch signal) ??

Ok so update!!!! thanks Mauske I accidently plugged the cable in the wrong pin. when watching the youtube video the gentlemen had the DJI Phantom upside down and I though he had it upside right. so my fault on that.

One major issue accomplished.

Second Major issue I have now is the gimbal flops around like a dead fish ...... I had it working perfect but as soon as I accidently touched my go pro and moved the Gimbal it started to flop. the Pitch control does work but not sure what settings to use for this Gimbal.

Make sure you have your camera mounted on the gimbal. It will shake without it

I do have my GoPro mounted on there. it just flops side to side up and down not sure what settings to use on this Gimbal

Yes, use Simple BGC to adjust the power and gains to the gimbal motors....if you have the motors setting to high you will hear a low level HUMM, adjust your motor settings until this noise goes down somewhat....you should just hear the HUMM sound slightly.

This is at least how I configured my hand-held gimbal.

Hopefully you will get it sorted with a little tinker of the settings.

Here is what I currently have for my settings. Reminder that I have tried multiple stetting so any help could be greatly appreciated,

Hi Bronco,

I know how annoying these things can be....you sometimes think that these things will work perfectly out the box and as we know, sometimes that's just not correct.

Fortunately my Walkera gimbal seemed fairly good from the start....but I've only tried it once and it can use a little fine tuning, but nothing major.
My handheld gimbal was a bit worse and did indeed need re-tuning/calibrating so I found this video on YouTube and used the parameters shown in that and all was good.
Obviously a hand-held and attached gimbals may be slightly different but they work pretty much the same, so take a look at the video I have linked here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsPw26p0Wbk and at about 52 seconds he shows you the settings used, maybe try those and see how you get on...it may or may not solve your problem but nothing ventured nothing gained.

P.S

Some of the writing is in Taiwanese but the boxes in the BGC software are still in the same places so it's easy enough to figure it out.

Power settings (10) are very low i think....

Try set it to 60 or something to start with..

I had a similar problem while installing my Walkera gimbal. It worked OK but had no pitch control. Turned out that when I first calibrated the remote, I had not moved the pitch lever on the back of the remote and it was not properly calibrated. So I did that and then tested a few parameters and got the pitch working properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4