Gimbal help please.

Reaction score
Last night I crashed, and all the wires in this photo came lose, including the wires connected to the gold connectors.

Seems there are 8 wires, but 10 slots to put them in. What's the correct way? I've tried connecting them and it keeps saying "gimbal disconnected ". When I power up, it says RC is connected, please connect aircraft.

95b945e84e48c8db8c26ac220d41496b.jpg
1f6a8f06c17420fa34184d9029a36635.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ThePhoton
id suggest sending it to DJI, but i think that MAYBE it would be what it is in the first picture

The cable should look like this:

large_HK8A0100.jpg

If you need a new cable, you can pick up a cable pack on Amazon.

Reactions: ThePhoton
Last night I crashed, and all the wires in this photo came lose, including the wires connected to the gold connectors.

Seems there are 8 wires, but 10 slots to put them in. What's the correct way? I've tried connecting them and it keeps saying "gimbal disconnected ". When I power up, it says RC is connected, please connect aircraft.

95b945e84e48c8db8c26ac220d41496b.jpg
1f6a8f06c17420fa34184d9029a36635.jpg

What happened?

What happened?
Hit a basketball rim in my parents driveway while doing a careless landing. Two of the props went into pieces. The phantom then shot sideways, and was headed towards a tree. I cut off the motors because it was really close to the ground, thinking it would have a soft landing, but it hit with a lot of force. All the wires came out, as well as the battery.

Do I have the wiring done correctly in the first picture?
It's too hard to tell. Perhaps you could post better pictures of your cable.

It's too hard to tell. Perhaps you could post better pictures of your cable.
Based upon the Amazon photo, it looks like they just skip the first two slots, right?

Here's what it should look like assembled:

P3S-Gimbal-Cable.jpg

I had a hard landing with the standard and ripped out those same wires and the grey antenna wire... I replace all 8 of the wires and the gray wires metal cap was also torn off...I tried to put the cap on the grey wire and put everything back together...I powered up and gimbal worked perfect but the half my telementry is gone from the App...I dont show battery power or ability to fly with app..I am taking that as I didnt fix the end of the grey wire to spec and no info is getting from that flat antenna in the standard to my cell phone. anyone every had this also happen

I have replaced the 8 wires, and not the grey and black cables (wifi) yet. When I power the phantom up, the gimbal moves, red light comes on, but the Dji go app keeps saying that the gimbal is disconnected.

I have replaced the 8 wires, and not the grey and black cables (wifi) yet. When I power the phantom up, the gimbal moves, red light comes on, but the Dji go app keeps saying that the gimbal is disconnected.

The Eight wires only power the gimbal...the grey and black wires will give you your DJI app back when you hook up the coaxials back to the gimbal. my black wire wasnt affected in the crash so I have about half of my dji app working but now enuff to fly with it

Ok. Thought that was the problem. I don't think soldering is required

Ok. I'm really pissed. Just spent the last three hours taking apart my phantom, and connected all the new wires. I'm still getting gimbal disconnected message.

Bought a new 8 pin cable, and connected it. Gimbal moves when powered up, Dji go stills says "RC connected, connect your aircraft" on the home screen. I replaced the the to wifi pads with the black and grey cables that connect to the gimbal, and it's still doing the same thing.
When I go into the gimbal settings, it says disconnected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4