Gimbal H3-2D pan and tilt

Reaction score
I am trying to tune my gimbal so that it does not bind up at the extreme pan and tilt. The H2-2D Zenmuse at 1000 to -1000 can cause gopro 3 to hit. I have now added a lens hood at the extreme pan and tilt can touch lens hood causing to come off and be lost.

I have tried to tweak/adjust in the Phantom software on laptop with the gimbal setting and nothing I do changes the movement limits. I would also like to slow down the pan movement from ten decreasing speed like it says. When I lower that number from 10 to like 2 or 3 it does nothing. Double confirms I'm not doing something right.

Can anyone advise me please?
Gopro Hero 3+ lens hood.jpg

I am trying to tune my gimbal so that it does not bind up at the extreme pan and tilt. The H2-2D Zenmuse at 1000 to -1000 can cause gopro 3 to hit. I have now added a lens hood at the extreme pan and tilt can touch lens hood causing to come off and be lost.

I have tried to tweak/adjust in the Phantom software on laptop with the gimbal setting and nothing I do changes the movement limits. I would also like to slow down the pan movement from ten decreasing speed like it says. When I lower that number from 10 to like 2 or 3 it does nothing. Double confirms I'm not doing something right.

Can anyone advise me please?
View attachment 20040

If you indeed have a H3-2D gimbal it only has two axis tilt up/down and level there isn't any pan with that gimbal.

I made my own lens hood and super glued it to a lens protector and no matter how fast I tilt the camera that hood isn't coming off. The measurements are across the back 2", front 1" and front to back 1" they made a lite plastic notebook cover.
IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

I am not a actual pilot so pitch, roll and yaw and etc are not terms I use everyday. Pitch and roll was what I should have stated. When my Phantom uses extreme lean angles as in heavy wind, my Zemuse 2-D gimbal can allow my gopro to come in contact with Zemuse bracket that secures it to phantom body. It does it on one side only where the lens is closest to leg side. With my large lens hood on, its definitely more prone to hang up and I dont want that to happen. Rather limit Zemuse movement at that point. My home made lens hood is firmly on as well but if it gets jammed up on mounting bracket I don't want it to strain gimbal electronics or in the other case pull off my hood and lose my little creation. Anybody have experience in Phantom2 Assistant software with setting the movement end points of gimbal? How come my changes are not being seen in actual gimbal movement when I set by hitting enter key?

Last edited:
Mods can you post this in the gimbal section for me. I posted before I looked around.

I am not a actual pilot so pitch, roll and yaw and etc are not terms I use everyday. Pitch and roll was what I should have stated. When my Phantom uses extreme lean angles as in heavy wind, my Zemuse 2-D gimbal can allow my gopro to come in contact with Zemuse bracket that secures it to phantom body. It does it on one side only where the lens is closest to leg side. With my large lens hood on, its definitely more prone to hang up and I dont want that to happen. Rather limit Zemuse movement at that point. My home made lens hood is firmly on as well but if it gets jammed up on mounting bracket I don't want it to strain gimbal electronics or in the other case pull off my hood and lose my little creation. Anybody have experience in Phantom2 Assistant software with setting the movement end points of gimbal? How come my changes are not being seen in actual gimbal movement when I set by hitting enter key?

First off a H3-2D is only a two axis gimbal (meaning it only has two motors). Second there are no adjustments that can be made to correct pitch. Those gimbal controls in P2 assistant software are for H3-3D/H4-3D gimbals only and no effect on a H3-2D gimbal. In order for the lens hood to hit or get caught on the gimbal mounting bracket the P2 would have to be flying at a 45° angle.

I get the 2-D movement part but I was not aware that the P2 assistant software was capable of adjusting the 2D gimbal. Makes sense if it wasnt changing it. I can sometimes fly in higher winds and make some more aggressive moves then some may choose to do. 45 degree angle seems like a overly steep figure to me but either way when I want to fly fast in the forward direction in a head wind I don't want my gimbal damaged or its life shortened from binding. Thanks for your input Jason.

I get the 2-D movement part but I was not aware that the P2 assistant software was capable of adjusting the 2D gimbal. Makes sense if it wasnt changing it. I can sometimes fly in higher winds and make some more aggressive moves then some may choose to do. 45 degree angle seems like a overly steep figure to me but either way when I want to fly fast in the forward direction in a head wind I don't want my gimbal damaged or its life shortened from binding. Thanks for your input Jason.

You may think 45° may seem overly steep but you check is out in the house just simply turn on both the RC and P2 with the cameras sun hood on and tilt the P2 forward.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj