Gimbal Gyroscope Error after repair

Reaction score
So my son, who will have this taken out of his butt later, decided to throw a nerf football at a friends drone. Well, maybe he should be a QB someday, but on that day it got him into trouble because he knocked the drone out of the sky. The thing was pretty beat up - camera completely broke off and a propeller broke. Being somewhat handy I took it upon myself to try and repair the drone.

The repairs included replacing the propellers and the ribbon cable in the camera and gimbal unit. This video shows almost exactly the same camera system repairs (though it is a slightly different model):

After getting the drone put back together I boot it up and the camera stays stationary/limp. There is video feed and everything else seems to work fine, but the camera motors dont move it at all, in any direction. I can hear a slight buzzing sound from the motor that keeps the camera horizontal, if I move it then the buzzing gets a little louder. In the app the status shows "gimbal gyroscope error" and "Hardware Malfunction. Contact support for repair" (or something very similar). The gimbal calibration does nothing.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for repairing this at the lowest possible cost? I don't have money for this but I feel obligated to get it fixed. Any help is greatly appreciated and I will answer any questions that may help someone more knowledgable to narrow in on the cause and part that needs replacement.

Note that I have done this twice now, with a second ribbon cable, with exactly the same result.

Thanks in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl