Gimbal gurus : help me, You're my only hope

Reaction score
Bought a new ribbon cable and part 42, Put it altogether, now the gimbal and camera turn on, rotate ,move a little bitand during this time I can use the gimbal wheel on the controller to move it up and down, Then after 10 seconds it just goes flat and dies.The app says the gimbal is working properly but it's not working at all. What is the diagnosis?

let me guess, you purchased a cable from amazon or atkdrones or is it genuine DJI cable?

first two there's a good chance they won't work. DJI genuine works every time.

Dji
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446151125.246075.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1446151136.528679.jpg

This says there is that HD video image transmission connection, you buddy have any idea what's going on why it's dying 10 seconds into turning on, hunch, I heard you were the master

Bought a new ribbon cable and part 42, Put it altogether, now the gimbal and camera turn on, rotate ,move a little bitand during this time I can use the gimbal wheel on the controller to move it up and down, Then after 10 seconds it just goes flat and dies.The app says the gimbal is working properly but it's not working at all. What is the diagnosis?
Try reformatting you SD card.. A bad format on that card will affect the camera and the gimbal.

Dji View attachment 34507View attachment 34508

This says there is that HD video image transmission connection, you buddy have any idea what's going on why it's dying 10 seconds into turning on, hunch, I heard you were the master

registration problem.
in most cases, bad cable but could be just a connection issue at this point.
both sensor boards (P and R), main board and camera module all have plastic tabs on the connectors correct?
none of them are broken off or missing?
if yes then that is your issue.
if not, reconnect them all and reconnect the two grey cables coming from the bird into the gimbal.

let me guess, you purchased a cable from amazon or atkdrones or is it genuine DJI cable?

first two there's a good chance they won't work. DJI genuine works every time.

Hunch is incorrect, DJI cables can also fail, the difference is, ATKdrones stands behind the purchase, if for any reason an ATK cable fails when properly installed, it will be replaced immediately.

There has been a rare problem with the camera ribbon cable connector registration. It's because of a variance in the manufacture of the ribbon cable connectors that DJI used and it very easy to verify by examining the ribbon cable under a microscope. Simply look at the divots in the ribbon cable at the camera connector end, if any missed the ribbon cable pads, then it's a connector-ribbon cable registration problem. It is also possible the the ribbon cable connector tension bar wasn't properly re-seated.

In these rare ribbon cable alignment cases, it can be determined if a swap of the ribbon cable will likely solve the problem due to the ribbon cable connectors unique alignment, and can be solved by selecting a ribbon cable with the appropriate registration, or in some cases, it's also possible that the ribbon cable connector could be damaged, in that case, the cameras ribbon cable connector can be replaced at ATKdrones at a fraction of the cost of a new gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic