Gimbal Guard

I have the stiffer one. Took it off because the gimbal hit it every time it did its power up sweep.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
I have the stiffer one. Took it off because the gimbal hit it every time it did its power up sweep.

The one that says 'SKYREAT', yes?

76d3f0c51ddcf03e559edeab50d10c22.jpg

0b114413bf88db20851135ef54ee9e99.jpg

Correct mine can go in a few spots. However where ever I put it the gimbal hits it

Reactions: Squirrel!
There is a video on YouTube something like real and fake gimbal guards and he shows how some flex really easily and can't even support the quad so if you actually come down on a rock it might not save your gimbal and still hit it as it flexes

After reading all the good it has done to the Phantoms, I decided to order one for my P3A.
I noticed though that the gimbal/camera would slightly touch the guard during start-ups. The Guard is not so stiff that we can't press down on it a bit when the camera does the dance.
In short, the Gimbal Guard stays.

I use the polar pro one (hint: on clearance at best buy for like $7 right now) and it works great. Is stiffer than a cheap "carbon fiber" one I got off amazon and it does not interfere with the camera movement/start-up. I recommend it.

Reactions: DAKn2
I use the polar pro one (hint: on clearance at best buy for like $7 right now) and it works great. Is stiffer than a cheap "carbon fiber" one I got off amazon and it does not interfere with the camera movement/start-up. I recommend it.

Thanks for the tip; I was able to order one for $5.99 for pick one up at my local BB!

It appears they do not ship to the UK. Shame as that's so much better looking that the carbon fibre versions everyone seems to be selling.

Does anybody have experience with these? Meaning, they crashed and it worked or didn't break the gimbal. A friend was flying last week and I saw him run into a tree and the P3 did barrel rolls and hit the ground and broke the gimbal at the arm. Another friend saw this happen and now we both have gimbal guards. On another not his truck was stolen with, a Yuneec q500 4k, a P3S, and a Blade Chroma. Along with tools, gun, ladders etc really sucks.

The gimbal guards do help tighten things up, but any hard crash landing is going to be luck of the draw. I ordered the DJI carbon fiber guard and when installed in either direction the camera still bumped into it when first powering up the quad. After filing new slots in it to move it back 1/4 inch it still was in the way. POOR design. It has been removed from service and new alternatives are being looked into.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20