Gimbal Guard

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with these? Meaning, they crashed and it worked or didn't break the gimbal. A friend was flying last week and I saw him run into a tree and the P3 did barrel rolls and hit the ground and broke the gimbal at the arm. Another friend saw this happen and now we both have gimbal guards. On another not his truck was stolen with, a Yuneec q500 4k, a P3S, and a Blade Chroma. Along with tools, gun, ladders etc really sucks.

I have one but yet to install it.
Just never saw a drone crash straight down or fall straight down.

Why the heck did I buy it?

I have one. It's a good option if there's a chance it will come down on rocks, gravel, etc, so that you don't smack your camera on the ground. My dad ran out of power and it landed in the desert. Kept the camera off the rocks and all was good

I'm convinced. I'll stick it on.
Is it going to interfere with the camera boogie?
Ad did you all snap it in or zip tie? Mine is a Polar Pro

I'm convinced. I'll stick it on.
Is it going to interfere with the camera boogie?
Ad did you all snap it in or zip tie? Mine is a Polar Pro

Camera boogie is all good.
I used the zip ties. Don't want it to pop out when it's needed most

Camera boogie is all good.
I used the zip ties. Don't want it to pop out when it's needed most

Ok thanks. I think I will do the same if this crazy weather will line out.

Robins showed back up 3 days ago, 4" of snow last night /this morning.
Not many worms in danger.

My dad got that one for his P3P and I got a cheaper one. Both do the job but his (the one you got) is more rigid which I like.

Does anybody have experience with these? Meaning, they crashed and it worked or didn't break the gimbal. A friend was flying last week and I saw him run into a tree and the P3 did barrel rolls and hit the ground and broke the gimbal at the arm. Another friend saw this happen and now we both have gimbal guards. On another not his truck was stolen with, a Yuneec q500 4k, a P3S, and a Blade Chroma. Along with tools, gun, ladders etc really sucks.
Why yes. Yes I do have experience with Skyreat...Bought one. Installed. Removed. Returned. Just got the money refunded this AM.

Camera hit it on every initialization (start-up) of the drone and the gimbal would do its self check. Also got into a piece of video.

Might be good for some, but I'm not going to fret any over not having one.

The only reason it got in a shot was because I quickly reversed the P3s and the camera caught a glimpse only. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other times it got in the shot.

The primary reason for returning (thanks Amazon, money already returned!) was because the camera lens barrel constantly and consistantly knocked into the front part of the guard upon start-up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj