Gimbal guard

Reaction score
Hi guys. As reading and investigating I am to the next buy of a gimbal guard. Does any one has any experience of a certain brand and how easy is to attach? Also the extra weight added to the drone? I saw tha polarpro has one. Please share your thoughts
Thanks...

They are very easy to install -- snap it in between the landing gear. The extra weight won't be a problem. You can find a list of commonly used gimbal guards here.

I have a 3D printed guard (that was accidentally shipped to me), but I don't use it because it pushes the landing gear apart just far enough to make it impossible to slide my Phantom into the case. I had a carbon fiber UAV BITS guard on my P2V+. Their products are made very well.

Thanks misnger. Just for protecting the camera I will buy one. Xost of destroying a camera is mush more tha 10-20 $

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use the same model Gimbal Guard on the P3A and P3S. Although I did have to modify the one for the P3S because the landing gear is different. Purchased them off Amazon. Do a search for BTG Gimbal Guard.

Attachments

• 1455368782320.jpg
    1455368782320.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 493
Thanks very much for your reply. It is very important to have this on. Do you just slide it between the landing gear?

Thanks very much for your reply. It is very important to have this on. Do you just slide it between the landing gear?

Well you kinda slightly bend it into place. The P3A/P3P has two tiny pieces of plastic sticking out (per side) on the bottom landing gear struts. The Gimbal guard has two groves cut into each side which snap into those pieces of plastic. It stays on really secure. Look for a Gimbal guard that shows two tiny groves at each end.

The P3S only has one piece of plastic per side which means you either have to modify a Gimbal Guard (cut a grove in the gimbal guard to match) or try and locate a Gimbal Guard specifically for a P3S. For the P3S look for a gimbal guard with only one grove on each end.

Most gimbal guards have holes around the areas where they slide into the landing gear. Some people (like me) wrap plastic zip ties around the gimbal guard and landing gear to semi-permanently secure it. That'll prevent it from popping out if you crash.

I have a 3D printed guard (that was accidentally shipped to me), but I don't use it because it pushes the landing gear apart just far enough to make it impossible to slide my Phantom into the case. I had a carbon fiber UAV BITS guard on my P2V+. Their products are made very well.

Msinger, would it really matter if the gimbal/camera would slightly touch on the Guard during the start-up dance?
If it would, I was thinking I can just press down on the Guard a bit during start-ups.

Msinger, would it really matter if the gimbal/camera would slightly touch on the Guard during the start-up dance?
Not sure. Only time will tell if it would cause any damage after doing that motion over and over again. If that happened to mine, I would return it and look for a guard that fits properly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic