Gimbal guard

Reaction score
Is it necessary to put the gimbal guard on after each flight?? I put it on after I'm done flying around outside the house every time.i only ask bc that thing is a pain in the *** to put on

It's a pain in the butt full stop. I've ordered a pair of those Neewer, all in one, gimbal guard/lens protectors.

Neewer - NEEWER PROTECTIVE LENS COVER AND LENS HOOD FOR DJI PHANTOM 3 BLACK

I find that being clear perspex, I often forget it's there and fire up with it still on. Can't do the gimbal much good.

The Neewer ones look much easier to fit and you don't have to fuss with the original, separate lens cover. (That's also hard to remove).

There's no need to put it back on if your Phantom is just sitting around the house. You should attach it before transporting your Phantom though. You don't want the gimbal bouncing around while your Phantom is powered down.

Reactions: gvsukids
I hate the one that came with my p3s and all the other alternatives seem to be for the advance or pro with the bigger control board box above the camera

It's a pain in the butt full stop. I've ordered a pair of those Neewer, all in one, gimbal guard/lens protectors.

Neewer - NEEWER PROTECTIVE LENS COVER AND LENS HOOD FOR DJI PHANTOM 3 BLACK

I find that being clear perspex, I often forget it's there and fire up with it still on. Can't do the gimbal much good.

The Neewer ones look much easier to fit and you don't have to fuss with the original, separate lens cover. (That's also hard to remove).
Have the same here, like it much better.

Last edited:
I hate the one that came with my p3s and all the other alternatives seem to be for the advance or pro with the bigger control board box above the camera

Honestly, the stock gimbal lock just needs a bit of sanding/filing so it slides easily on the camera...

Reactions: KayJay
Best thing to facilitate installation is to set the AC on a table so you can hold the camera body while slipping on the guard.
This will help with the stress factor for you and the camera. ;)

Reactions: gvsukids
A friend recommended this one:
73088b0e884e7e9f69eb683b39d37b71.jpg

Love it! Pretty hard to forget that on and I like the lens hood.

Anyone ever wonder how and why they over-engineered that insanely complicated piece of clear plastic in the first place?! There had to be a reason they decided on THAT.

Anyone ever wonder how and why they over-engineered that insanely complicated piece of clear plastic in the first place?! There had to be a reason they decided on THAT.
Possibly more for shipping than anything else?

Possibly more for shipping than anything else?
Agreed, great for shipping because the way boxes can be thrown around, not so great for everyday use in my opinion.

Agreed, great for shipping because the way boxes can be thrown around, not so great for everyday use in my opinion.
Ok, I changed my mind, you may be correct. I got a P3A yesterday, Gimbal Clamp on the camera, but not on the Gimbal, DJI shipping just doesn't know how to put them on correctly. :rolleyes:

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers