Gimbal-Guard Accessories

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a P4, and have been looking for accessories. Gimbal-Guard seems to have a lot to choose from and they appear to be good quality. Anyone have experiences with them? Thanks.

Gimbal guards on a P4 make it yoyo about 80' up and down when you're in a hover. A couple of us have confirmed it, DJI too. The more powerful VPS in P4 is apparently the issue.

Avoid the Polar Pro gimbal guard designed for their polarized lens. The guard will fall off wven inside a pelican case traveling in the car, the idea is great but it simply does hold on as it should.

Avoid the Polar Pro gimbal guard designed for their polarized lens. The guard will fall off wven inside a pelican case traveling in the car, the idea is great but it simply does hold on as it should.
I think you're talking about a gimbal lock, not a gimbal guard. Correct?

PP Gimbal lock
Polar-Pro-DJI-Phantom-4-Gimbal-Lock-250x250.jpg

PP Gimbal guard
PolarPro-Gimbal-Guard-phantom-3_grande.png

Reactions: Per Timmermann
Sorry to jump in here but do we need to keep a lock on the gimbal while it's stored in a case/backpack?

Sorry to jump in here but do we need to keep a lock on the gimbal while it's stored in a case/backpack?
Good question. I will often forget to install the lock, and I haven't had any issues........yet, knock on wood. :rolleyes:

It's definitely good practice to lock the gimbal, adding a level or protection from potential shock if the case is dropped accidentally. The gimbal is a sensitive device, the more protection you can give it the better when toting it around.

I think you're talking about a gimbal lock, not a gimbal guard. Correct?

PP Gimbal lock
Polar-Pro-DJI-Phantom-4-Gimbal-Lock-250x250.jpg

PP Gimbal guard
PolarPro-Gimbal-Guard-phantom-3_grande.png

Referring to the PolarPro gimbal lock, mine works wonderfully. It's easy to put on and remove and has never fallen off. I greatly prefer it to the standard lock from DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimbal guards on a P4 make it yoyo about 80' up and down when you're in a hover. A couple of us have confirmed it, DJI too. The more powerful VPS in P4 is apparently the issue.

Oops! Reading through............ I just got a gimbal guard to mount my new Trackimo on my P4 ........ Do I hear correctly that this is going to affect my P4 hover?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can try it, but 90% chance you'll get 40 to 80' yoyo effect from your craft without touching the sticks. It's pretty wild seeing your craft go up and down by itself with no stick input. I had this anomaly, and others have too. Apparently the stronger VPS sonar from P4 doesn't get along with gimbal guards like the P3 model, which works fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic