Gimbal grinding noise P4P

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Picked up a phantom 4 pro yesterday and I noticed that when it tilts at an angle the gimbal makes a grinding noise and the camera shakes a bit. Is this normal? I have a phantom 4 and it does not do this at all. I talked with dji and they claim thats because the gimbal is balancing itself. Is this true? Or should I exchange it out at best buy as I am within return policy.

Here is a link to the video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think u are just too worried u dont fly holding it correct? They are little bushless motors of course they are gonna make noise when reach limit of gimbal is happening. Does it mess your videos up and does it work normally? If not for both of those then go out and have fun....also looking at that video u will never reach those angles in flight!

Reactions: Techcop50
Mine doesn't do it, I would switch it out.
Dont give him bad advice....do u honestly think he will get sideways like that ever in flight...the answer is no. Of course testing gimbal limits like that on bench is gonna make it squeal....think he is totally fine

Mine does that too. Dont worry

It's common, do a search. Mine does it too, doesn't affect actual flying, unless you fly in a windstorm.

Ok so the grinding noise that you show is what mine was doing sitting on a level table with the gimbal in the normal position. I noticed it was causing the video feed to shake from the vibrations. I contacted DJI and they sent me a return label and replaced the gimbal motors for free. Had it back in 11 days. makes no noises now and video feed is smooth as could be.

I read that the dji gimbal lock pushes up to hard on the gimbal vibration absorbers(4 rubber balls on plate under bottom assembly) and causes the shocks to flatten resulting in gimbal leaning too far causing grinding, it can be replaced fairly easy, $16, look it up. I cut the right arm off on gimbal lock and the left holds it just fine without pushing up too hard.

Well after using it for a day or two I had issues with it getting a GPS lock as well so I swapped it out. Happy to report the new one makes zero noise with the gimbal and gets a lock right away with the satellites!

Hey everyone,

Picked up a phantom 4 pro yesterday and I noticed that when it tilts at an angle the gimbal makes a grinding noise and the camera shakes a bit. Is this normal? I have a phantom 4 and it does not do this at all. I talked with dji and they claim thats because the gimbal is balancing itself. Is this true? Or should I exchange it out at best buy as I am within return policy.

Here is a link to the video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi. Mine make the same noise. Is brand new.. Any news about your issue?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31