Gimbal going wild when power is connected

Reaction score
Hello friends, my cheap glb Gimbal just got here from China. But sadly enough, I was not able to fly today with it.

I have a DJI Phantom 1.1.1, Naza V2 that comes with it and I have followed exactly the same steps as this guy here:

But just take a look below at how crazy my Gimbal performs as soon as I hook up the power.

Dropbox - Video 4-9-16, 9 40 58 PM.mov

I have already performed the calibration several times as he explains at the end of the video with no luck... Anyone have had the same issue?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers from Brazil!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello friends, my cheap glb Gimbal just got here from China. But sadly enough, I was not able to fly today with it.

I have a DJI Phantom 1.1.1, Naza V2 that comes with it and I have followed exactly the same steps as this guy here:

But just take a look below at how crazy my Gimbal performs as soon as I hook up the power.

Dropbox - Video 4-9-16, 9 40 58 PM.mov

I have already performed the calibration several times as he explains at the end of the video with no luck... Anyone have had the same issue?

Thanks a lot!
Cheers from Brazil!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

First of all I would suggest you to try the gimbal without connections to the NazaM: disconnect the wires from NazaM and power the gimbal-up: it should maintain your camera stable.
I suppose you performed calibrations WITH CAMERA INSTALLED:is it right?

good luck..I purchased 3 gimbals now..the cheap chinese brushless like in this video the Tarot 2D and the Walkera G 2D.....I had NOTHING but problems with the cheape chinese, and Tarot, I calibrated, updated gyro's, servos, everything..and nothing helped. I sent them back for refunds...then I got the Walkera.....easy hookup, powered it up and works right out of the box, Perfect.

good luck..I purchased 3 gimbals now..the cheap chinese brushless like in this video the Tarot 2D and the Walkera G 2D.....I had NOTHING but problems with the cheape chinese, and Tarot, I calibrated, updated gyro's, servos, everything..and nothing helped. I sent them back for refunds...then I got the Walkera.....easy hookup, powered it up and works right out of the box, Perfect.

I had the opposite experience: I had to eliminate a Tarot 2D, while the Chinese was working perfectly out of the box and is working now after 5 months of heavy use. My impression is that in this kind of products the best does not exist:you can see this in any discussion on any Forum dedicated to our hobby. In addition it is absolutely important to read and follow all the instructions BEFORE powering up and using it. E.G for the chinese gimbal it is mandatory to power up the first time with the camera installed and balanced in order to keep it horizontal. If you do not do this, it starts to shake strongly, then you try to calibrate or change the firmware, causing not reversible damages.

please re-read my post...I got rid of the Tarot 2D as well. It simply wouldn't not function correctly no matter what I did. The Walkera Gimbal is awesome, and works flawlessly.

Thank you very much for the answers, guys. I am trying to send it back and get a refund. Next time I am in the US, I will by the Walkera Gimbal. Here in my home country it costs a kidney and a left eye to get a Walkera Gimbal haha.

Cheers!
Thiago Pereira

please re-read my post...I got rid of the Tarot 2D as well. It simply wouldn't not function correctly no matter what I did. The Walkera Gimbal is awesome, and works flawlessly.

Sorry, you are right! I apologize for my misunderstanding.
However the concept on my answer is that a famous firm does not mean a 100% success guarantee. We can find on the forums hundreds of issues related to the most famous market available gimbals. I am also sure that there are hundreds of people that have the Tarot D perfectly working. It is a matter to be lucky in each personal experience. I was lucky with the SimpleBGC low cost gimbal, you with the Walkera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20