Gimbal going crazy

Reaction score
Hi,

My P2 Vision + has had some rough landings, including flying into trees and dropping 40 feet to the ground but it seems fine until recently. For no apparent reason the gimbal is either unresponsive on power-up or it goes berserk and veers about rapidly all over the place, banging the camera around. The camera still works and records the flight and the view is transmitted to my phone but it's usually pointed straight up at the drone.

Any ideas how to fix this? Or am I looking at a replacement gimbal and camera?

I was thinking of upgrading to a go-pro gimbal anyway so this might force my hand.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Give this a try. It worked for me! Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you have any luck, i am the same, my gimbal is going crazy after a crash. I had to replace the ribbon and it was still going berserk, so I lined up the flat of the shaft with the top of the electronic plate and also the camera but it still goes berserk.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Fixed it! It was just one of the grey ribbon cables running into the gimbal from the drone was coming loose. It doesn't have a clip to hold it in so comes out quite easily. took it for a test flight last night and it's fine.

Hi
New guy here.
Just joined .
My question is my gimbal light flashes red constantly and the camera does not take stills or video. It used to.
P2 vision plus flys great but no picture taking anymore.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nick.
Not sure if this is the way to start a conversation.
I cant be too much help in the diagnosis dept. but can do the repairs if pointed in the right dieprection.

Hi
New guy here.
Just joined .
My question is my gimbal light flashes red constantly and the camera does not take stills or video. It used to.
P2 vision plus flys great but no picture taking anymore.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nick.
Not sure if this is the way to start a conversation.
I cant be too much help in the diagnosis dept. but can do the repairs if pointed in the right dieprection.

Well, different problem to mine as my gimbal light was green. Do all the ribbon cables appear to be undamaged and firmly in place? Have you recently had a crash?

Well, different problem to mine as my gimbal light was green. Do all the ribbon cables appear to be undamaged and firmly in place? Have you recently had a crash?
I tried replugging the ribbons and yes it fell from three feet but that is all.
Stumped!!!

When you turn the drone on does the gimbal power up and do its usual moving around or does it just hang limp?

No, all I can recommend is taking it off, unplugging everything and putting it back again to see if that fixes it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31