Gimbal going crazy after replacing ribbon cable/crash

Reaction score
Im replacing the ribbon cable on my Pro. Went to test it before tightening all the screws and glad I did.

The gimbal is going crazy as soon as I turn on the power button. Is it possible that the gimbal got damaged during the crash? Ot could I have damaged the ribbon cable when installing it? I tested another camera/gimbal on the Pro and it works fine.

Not sure where to start looking. Below is a video of what it's doing.

Did you check this adjustment?

Yes I did thanks for the info. I made sure the crescent was just as in the video, but the gimbal still goes crazy.

Something on the board is probably damaged then. @hunch should be able to fix it for you.

If you crashed the drone its probably that the Roll motor or the pitch motor of the gimbal are damaged or if you use a cheap flat ribbon cable may has the same weird behavior.

Rear gimbal motor circuit board probably pooched. Check it for cracks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Rear gimbal motor circuit board probably pooched. Check it for cracks.

Thanks for the info. When you say "rear gimbal motor circuit board" can you tell me which one you mean? I know there are yaw, pitch and roll motors, but Im not sure which rear one you mean.

The circuit board in the video that msinger posted where alignment of the rear gimbal motor post is located.

As the motors are getting crazy, the first thing to check is the ribbon cables and any physical damage.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Gimbal motor shaft is backwards. Needs to look like this

FCKqwaB.jpg

Thats got to be it! I'll try it. Can you possibly send more pictures? Thank you!

I'm 100% sure thats it man, if you carefully take it all back apart, and spin the thing circled below so that the flat matches the back flat part of the camera, it will all work. Unfortunately, I dont have any more pics .. I stole this one from this thread: Help with Gimbal chicken dance.

(I think Ted4797 was the one who gave him the original solution, the pic was from jabu32)

o9lrbgw.png

Thanks. I tried changing it around, but no luck. Now I think the potentiometer is the problem. Will check it out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4