Gimbal goes lifeless during flight

Reaction score
This has happened several times now where my gimbal/camera will suddenly go limp during flight. I can still see through the camera but it's tilted as if it no longer seems to have any motor connectivity/function. Just kinda hangs there and flops around. I have a P4 with low miles purchased in December 2016. All apps/ software appear up to date. I typically bring it back and restart the drone. Everything is then ok. Any thoughts or suggestions on cause would be greatly appreciated.
Txs,
Allspice56

There have been a number of threads relating to the 'limp gimbal' in flight with no known cure. Some have suggested doing a gimbal calibration whilst others have suggested it is a battery issue. I've had it occur three times in the last 10 months which is bearable given the amount of flying I do. It has happened over the various app upgrades, so maybe the next firmware upgrade will address it.

I have had this happen 2 times, both times I just re-booted the aircraft and it reset.

Many thanks to all of you that have replied. It's good (or not so good!) to know others have had similar issues. Seems right now the solution is to bring it back home and restart.
Again, appreciate the feedback.
Allspice56

I had the same thing happen on a 3 standard.

I believe (99.99%) it is a battery issue. A extremely quick drop or spike or something odd which makes the gimbal do this.

On my 3 standard the gimbal would go limp but then recover.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1