Gimbal gets stuck during pre-flight warmup**OLD Please Delete

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a brand new Phantom 4 Pro with a gimbal issue. I received this on Dec 14 but had not unwrapped it until this past weekend. The first time I powered up everything, everything seemed to initialize as expected. My first task was to update the firmware in both the drone and controller since the DJI Go 4 app was telling me to do so. The drone now has version 01.02.0304 and the controller has version 01.03.00.00. I have started and connected the drone and remote controller several times while indoors (no flying) so as to get familiar with the controls and settings. Intermittently (usually every other time I start it up), the gimbal starts its pre-flight initialization but when it turns down and points toward the rear (see attached picture), it gets stuck and will not move anymore while the drone is powered on. If I leave it for any length of time (a few minutes), the camera and gimbal get very warm. I tried to do the Gimbal Auto Calibration procedure but it hangs up at 5% and then fails. Sometimes, after turning everything off and restarting the power-up sequence, the gimbal performs normally and does its normal pre-flight initialization routine. When this occurs, I can perform an Auto Calibration. Calibration seems to be successful although it completes after only 68%. As I said, this is intermittent and sometimes everything will start normally several times in a row before the gimbal has this problem. I have not contacted DJI yet but plan to do so today. I wanted to throw this out to the forum to see if others have experienced a similar issue. Thanks.

RobertView attachment 73813

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan